• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishing

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I enjoy fishing along with all other water sports so, I thought I might is well kick this thread off. Few years back, I searched the web high and low to find some rod holders for our tower and only place I found was Samson Sports. It is pricey but very well made.

They come in single, double and triple.
Here is the link: http://samsonsports.com/fishing-towers/fishing-tower-accessories/

Last edited:

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This table works well but not for big game.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have lots of ideas and will be experimenting. I will post more at a later time as I put some of those ideas to the test.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ambitious young rockfish bit off more than he can chew. Spot is almost as big as he is.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
From Chesapeake Beach area.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice fish above. I see specks, spanish and striper.

Good to see a fishing forum evolve here.

I fish saltwater at my family's place on the NC coast (not with this boat). We have a small Carolina Skiff and a Grady White 305 for offshore.

Learning to lake fish a little now...chasing stripers on Lake Lanier. Of course, this boat is not the ideal setup, but we can make it work.

I will work on my fishing setup in the next couple months, including:

Rod Holders
Right now I am planning on putting two tower mounted rod holders. I wish I could find something less expensive than the Samsons...
Also might put a couple little bolt on holders on the grab rails under the tower. I think this will be awkward, but I will test fit in a couple weeks.
Need to look into that rear table mount as posted above...that seems like a decent option!
Don't think I want to drill into the boat for flush mounts...but it's tempting!

Bait tank?
We use a lot of live bait and need a decent tank for summertime to keep bait alive. I think I can get a small one and strap mount it to the rear platform. Will be testing this idea.

Depthfinder
Eye on the Elite 5....

Trolling Motor
Thinking about a trolling motor...but hoping I can prove myself successful without one. We need a pretty big on for this boat, and I don't want to add the two batteries, drill the mounting plate holes, etc.

What else?????

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bait tank is pretty simple. I plan on making one from an icebox. Not hard to do since I did so much work on my reef fish tanks in the past. I plan on using few pumps to channel fresh water into the bait tank to keep baits alive and cool all day.

I had something like this in mind:
I was thinking about building flat board surface to cover the entire area so I can have a flat platform to fish on.

Last edited:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Our towers are supposed to be 1 7/8 (or 1.875). I am installing a pair of exile audio tower speakers this week and during my test fitting, I can't get the clamps to to tighten and they are made for 1.875". I didn't put a caliper on the tower, but it looks slightly smaller than 1 7/8". This says they will work with 1.90 (and below with shims). Not sure if its worth the $45 chance for you.

http://www.fishmaster.com/products/UniversalInserts.htm