• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fitting a 240 inside a garage with two separate 8x7 doors ......

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We build a house and moved in August of 2018. Despite me offering over $20K to the builder to raise the garage they refused, so I was left with the situation you are seeing on the pictures. In March of 2019 I summited all necessary paperwork to remodel the front of an 8 month old house. As results by early May I could back up my boat with the truck and we are now in position to leave the house within 10 minutes of the Admiral saying, " let's go". Most importantly, when we come back I back in the boat and we don't have to clean anything until the next day or whenever we feel like.

A couple of interesting facts.......
  • The garage door (18x8) was about $5,000
  • The rest of the materials were about $2,000
  • Sold the old ( less than 1 year old) garage doors for $500 each and used that money to put insulation on the garage.
  • insulated garage is awesome. I can work on the boat during winter and even during the summer without sweating like a dog. And this garage faces west.....
Since a picture is worth a thousand words I will let the pictures speak for themselves. If you are reading this and thinking about doing something similar please feel free to ask anything that you think I might be able to help.......

Note: special thanks to jetboater staff @Scottintexas whose trailer made moving 20x1.5 feet laminated lumber movement a breeze.

Attachments

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thats awesome...good for you tackling and doing it! Very inspiring. Beautiful Home! And you drive a Ford :winkingthumbsup"

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's going to happen with that "bump out" of an eve over the right side? Just going to leave the roofline like that and have a big eave over that side? That brickwork looked amazing, are you going to put that back in the same style or go with something a little easier since it appears you're DIY'ing this renovation?

I totally get this thinking as well. If I increased the opening size on my garage I could fit a 212X in there. I have the length, ceiling height, and width, just not the opening size. There's almost 4ft additional height I can use above my garage door now!
1620225143543.png

my brickwork out front isn't NEARLY as ornate as yours was either. Just one soldier row to remove and replace higher up.
1620225257756.png

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's going to happen with that "bump out" of an eve over the right side? Just going to leave the roofline like that and have a big eave over that side? That brickwork looked amazing, are you going to put that back in the same style or go with something a little easier since it appears you're DIY'ing this renovation?

I totally get this thinking as well. If I increased the opening size on my garage I could fit a 212X in there. I have the length, ceiling height, and width, just not the opening size. There's almost 4ft additional height I can use above my garage door now!
View attachment 148959

my brickwork out front isn't NEARLY as ornate as yours was either. Just one soldier row to remove and replace higher up.
View attachment 148960
Hi,
I see your boat is AR190. It should fit in a 7ft garage opening. See the below trailer Mod to see if this helps to fit your boat into 7ft garage opening. Thank you.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Nothing fancy at all just put bring on top of each either. I left the eave hung there. It is reinforced from inside, so it is not going anywhere.

You need to be careful with your brick because there is a LOT of weight, you will have to support. Unless you take everything out and redo it. Brick is cheap but a lot of work. and it is messy work.