• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fitting in a 7’ door. My way!

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2020 195s.
I know I can mod the cables, I heard they fit with just air out of the tires and so on…
So I started by dropping the tongue all the way to the ground on a floor Jack, let ALL the air out of the tires and still couldn’t get past the mounts for the Bimini let alone roll it with the tires flat.
I grabbed some 14” steel wheels from the local farm store with no tires. That made it clear the door header with it on the truck.
Now I got to the tower light, so I dropped the tongue on a floor Jack again and removed the light ( it easily unscrews) and still needed an inch.
So I hung from the tower while a neighbor pushed and it went past the header!

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you got it in. Shew buddy that's a lot of work though.

I promise modifying the cables is easier. I take mine in/out of a 7ft door on a regular basis by just dropping the tower with the two hand knobs, then backing in.

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you got it in. Shew buddy that's a lot of work though.

I promise modifying the cables is easier. I take mine in/out of a 7ft door on a regular basis by just dropping the tower with the two hand knobs, then backing in.
I always get a kick out of seeing people taking the hard way when I know the easier. This weekend I was one of those people. This was last minute because it has to go to the small garage so the barn can get an interior demo. If I had the time I would’ve modded the cables.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I always get a kick out of seeing people taking the hard way when I know the easier. This weekend I was one of those people. This was last minute because it has to go to the small garage so the barn can get an interior demo. If I had the time I would’ve modded the cables.
Just a heads up, there’s no “modding” needed to the newer 195S cables. They have enough extra threads to allow you to back the nut off as far as needed to get the tower down as low as possible.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I hope you enjoy your way! I'll stick with the easy way....lol

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take a few minutes and look up in there at those cables. It's absurdly easy.

When we brought ours home from the dealership back in '17, we were running late to a Derby Party we had committed to bring food to, AND it was just about to rain. I removed the stops on my cables in ~15min, and had the boat in the garage JUST before the rain hit. It's really super easy.

I will say I enjoy seeing a trailer with no tires on it though. That's gotta be rough on that concrete.

FlyFish88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just a heads up, there’s no “modding” needed to the newer 195S cables. They have enough extra threads to allow you to back the nut off as far as needed to get the tower down as low as possible.
I have a 2022 195S on order. My garage door to the weather stripping is spot on 83.5". So the cable have enough excess to lower the tower to squeeze under 83.5 without mods?

Are you doing this currently with storing in your garage? If so, what height have you gotten yours down to?

Thanks!

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take a few minutes and look up in there at those cables. It's absurdly easy.

When we brought ours home from the dealership back in '17, we were running late to a Derby Party we had committed to bring food to, AND it was just about to rain. I removed the stops on my cables in ~15min, and had the boat in the garage JUST before the rain hit. It's really super easy.

I will say I enjoy seeing a trailer with no tires on it though. That's gotta be rough on that concrete.
The concrete has many decades of carbide and stud scratches from snow machines. I have nearly 1/4 mile of sidewalks across the property to keep the sand out of the house and they’re all ravaged by the same LOL

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope you enjoy your way! I'll stick with the easy way....lol
Not a lot of difficulty jacking up one side at a time and impacting wheels off. I don’t disagree with you however. Currently going through Nerve testing and trying to figure out why one of my hands is completely numb so I figured getting the cables off would be the hard way.

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So finally could get into the boat, there is ZERO extra thread. They are already maxed out.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a 2022 195S on order. My garage door to the weather stripping is spot on 83.5". So the cable have enough excess to lower the tower to squeeze under 83.5 without mods?

Are you doing this currently with storing in your garage? If so, what height have you gotten yours down to?

Thanks!

The highest point on my boat with the tower adjusted down as far as it will go is 82"

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So finally could get into the boat, there is ZERO extra thread. They are already maxed out.
Someone may have already adjusted them. Got any pics with your tower down?

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, considering After pulling the light off the tower the rope area was roughly 86” I don’t think they where dropped at all! Also everyone has said the nuts are 10mm and they’re 12mm I just pulled the cables completely so I can measure threads and get the correct barrel nuts. I used some leftover pipe insulation between the windshield coping and the tower for now and I might not even put the cables back LOL

Attachments