• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fixed broken captains chair

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My captains chair broke last season. I tried to ghetto fix it up with some epoxy but that didn't work. What breaks is the plastic base where the slide is mounted. It's a cheapo piece, but not replaceable.

So I had to add some 3/4 inch plywood over the base and then mount the slide to the plywood. I used flex seal to seal the plywood (had it in the house) and got some t nuts from Ace and the local upholstery shop. The T nuts shown in the picture installed in the wood without the sliding base on didn't work out. I had to take the plywood off and put the T nuts on the back side so that the slider base pulled down on the plywood, otherwise it just ripped the nuts right out of the wood.

Not the best fix, cost me $4 bucks for the SS bolts, T nuts and some silicone, but should last long enough for me to figure out a new captains chair in the next few seasons.

Attachments

Last edited:

jetdude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also fixed mine with a plywood rig for $12 in hardware. I used Ten 1.5" 5/16th lag screws and an 8" mending plate. To support the void between the plastic and cushion, I cut two 2x2's and used them as braces. They are held in place with 1" wood screws. This should hold until a new seat is needed. Folks have suggested filling the void with foam, but I believe the bracing will keep things tight. It's a shame to have to do this for the moulded plastic base issue as the seat itself is in pretty good condition.

Attachments