• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

fixing a nylon tear on a big mable

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a rip in the back across half of it. Between seams. Sun damage. Bought some outdoor nylon fabric at the fabric store and the strongest looking thread they had.
I figured I'd just fold it up and run it thru the sewing machine. but that would have left the seams not flat. So lots of folding, pinning, and cursing later. I made a pretty decent patch. at least for the season.
20170713_111028.jpg 20170713_111033.jpg20170713_092646.jpg

Attachments