• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FL boating and gators

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
we are waiting on our first boat. Living in central FL there is no shortage of gators in lakes and rivers. They are terrified of gators. Does anyone have experience with them in the water? we see one on the bank, they fall off the tube they painc. i can hear it now. I would think they would mind their own business and have never seen a story lately of such a thing or at all. I guess i need to ease their minds somehow if we see one.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Doesn’t seem to be an issue, there are almost zero reports of attacks from water sports.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
we are waiting on our first boat. Living in central FL there is no shortage of gators in lakes and rivers. They are terrified of gators. Does anyone have experience with them in the water? we see one on the bank, they fall off the tube they painc. i can hear it now. I would think they would mind their own business and have never seen a story lately of such a thing or at all. I guess i need to ease their minds somehow if we see one.
@Yamahaul ......based on that gotta love the Yamaha debris clean-out port!!! Wouldn't want to have to swim under the boat to get weeds out of the grate. LOL.....but seriously, in many cases the gators are more curious than dangerous unless there is a nest or young nearby or you are thrashing in the water. I used to slalom waterski in FLa and fell a number of times when gators were in the area. :cool: