• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FL Home Insurance

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What are you guys doing for insurance? My insurer pulled out of FL, then someone else bought my policy. Renewal is next month and went from $1600 to $3600. I have new roof, windows, electrical, etc. My broker's best option for me is Citizens at 3k. There has to be something better.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My neighbor was with KIN (my current insurance as well), his went up from 2200 to 4400 and closed @$2800 rate with Citizen. I currently pay $2800 now, I wonder what my rate will be I am up for renewal in July.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My neighbor was with KIN (my current insurance as well), his went up from 2200 to 4400 and closed @$2800 rate with Citizen. I currently pay $2800 now, I wonder what my rate will be I am up for renewal in July.
I would imagine something has to give here soon.... people paycheck to paycheck will not be able to afford insurance especially with the price of everything else going up. My rate in 2017 was ~$650.

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems to be not that bad, here in Minnesota I pay $2900 with USAA and we don't get hurricanes. The occasional hail storm that damages some shingles but that's only happened once in 15 years.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm paying 2524 with USAA. Florida panhandle 50 miles from coast. Get discounts one being have auto with them also. My house is small though compared to a lot 1500/1800 square. Ft. Think it's insured for 300k

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don’t remember who we had before but it was going up from &1,900. to $4,300. last fall and we switched to USAA and are paying $1,750..

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ill be calling USAA before my insurance expires July, thanks guys!

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had Florida Family, and our rate went up $600ish. I decided to shop around, and State Farm was the cheapest. Actually saved us some money doing that. Now for next year's renewal, it will probably go up. Keep in mind, my house is only 2 years old, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would imagine something has to give here soon.... people paycheck to paycheck will not be able to afford insurance especially with the price of everything else going up. My rate in 2017 was ~$650.
Yea its insane, I was thinking of paying house quickly and not pay insurance anymore. Save the insurance money and pay for any hurricane damage myself. Does anyone do this?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You must be in a risky flood plain?

I still have Tower Hill and only saw a small increase this year. House was built in 2018 and only shutters, no hurricane windows. $1500/year

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yea its insane, I was thinking of paying house quickly and not pay insurance anymore. Save the insurance money and pay for any hurricane damage myself. Does anyone do this?
You would have to fully pay off your mortgage. Even then that’s a big risk for an individual/family to take.
Lower limit or very high deductible could limit your downside if the house got completely destroyed. Storms don’t seem to be getting smaller.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You must be in a risky flood plain?

I still have Tower Hill and only saw a small increase this year. House was built in 2018 and only shutters, no hurricane windows. $1500/year
I have high elevation of 70 ft lol, not in a floodzone and not required to have flood insurance, I have an older home built in 1980 with lots of windows lol

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pay $1,400 with AAA with a pool on value of $450k give or take. Now we do have the boat and the vehicles all insured with AAA as well so I am sure there may be a discount.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All these inflated numbers make me think of our recently updated “assessed value” on our home. It sat empty most of 2022 until we bought it and moved in in November. Somehow from 2022 to 2023 it gained $20,000 in assessed value and nothing has been done to it. 🤦‍♂️Have a bad feeling about how expensive everything is getting…

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks guys, it sounds like I should be under 2k. I have reached to two brokers to see what they can do. If no luck I will reach out to AAA and USAA.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you get in with Navy Federal Credit Union and qualify for membership? They have some good rates and fantastic products for loans, mortgages and Credit Cards.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pay $1,400 with AAA with a pool on value of $450k give or take. Now we do have the boat and the vehicles all insured with AAA as well so I am sure there may be a discount.
Similar condition here. Home/(3) auto/boat/camper/umbrella policies all with Erie. Just checked our rate and we're at $1,035/yr on a +/-$300k value 7yr old home.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can you get in with Navy Federal Credit Union and qualify for membership? They have some good rates and fantastic products for loans, mortgages and Credit Cards.

Random - do they do insurance? Not that I qualify anyways.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length