• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flame arestor question for LS2000

malashev11

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hi,

i'm looking at the stock flame arrestor and i am not a fan of it. has anyone tried putting something like this on their ls2000? would it work well?
PROK-FAK-66V $199.95 GP1200R
http://www.islandracing.net/lslx.html

this is for gp1200 but i am pretty sure its the same carb so it should fit on the ls2000. any thoughts would be appreciated.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not had any experience with those although I think I have seen where someone has used this. It may have been on an XR1800.

I like to keep it OEM/stock and I don't like how that kit would be more exposed to the elements since you lose the cover. What are you looking to gain?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Call @islandracing and ask about it. The owner is really helpful. Please let us know how it works for you.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Or call GroupK, who are also always willing to help. Here is an excerpt from their website:

About Flame Arrestors - We often install aftermarket flame arrestors on many of the high performance PWCs that we construct because they do a good job of meeting a PWCs performance needs. Sadly, the Yamaha jet-boats have a different set of needs that caused us to retain the stock flame arrestors (with some minor modifications). We tested at length with aftermarket arrestors on our 270 and 135 Exciters. On both of these machines, the oil injection fittings are mounted in the flame arrestor base, and so we drilled our new aftermarket arrestors to maintain a similar location. Yamaha injects the oil above the choke plate because it keeps the choke shafts from getting frozen in place (with corrosion).

Our "arrestor" equipped 135 and 270 would both routinely have heavy oil residue around the filter element, and on the carb support plate. No matter how often we wiped the residue away, it returned quickly. The mess was annoying, but not our biggest concern. This oil that was being spewed about, was oil intended for the engine...that was not getting to the engine. The variable oil pumps on the 135 and 270 offer (what we consider to be) the minimum amount of oil that these engines should be run on. For as hard as these engines get run in this application, subtracting "any" amount of oil from that input is a "very" serious situation that is just plain unacceptable. The inlet manifolds of the 220 were beefy enough to allow us to easily install the injector fittings "below" the carbs, and avoid this problem. However the inlet manifold castings of 135hp engines in the 135,270, and LS2000 do not safely accommodate this same modification.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have K&N flame arresters on my 220 that were purchased from RIVA Racing many years ago. They have special adapters that have the fittings for the oil injection hoses. It is my understanding that the adapters are no longer available for the 220s but may still be available for the GP engines.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Leave it. Not a restriction.
Doubt me? I had an exciter (origins of speedling name) that did over 65 mph. Why do I say over? Cuz I sold it cuz I would shit my pants.
Hot rods crank, oversized pistons, milled heads, slightly cleaned up intake port, and tweaked impellers.
leave it in there, it's only helping you.
If you are at max rpms, you need more pitch on the impeller. If you aren't at max rpms you need less pitch. Or more power. My impellers were in poor shape and I bent them to 15/22's. I have 14/20's in my ss now and don't max on rpms yet. I refuse to take out pitch because I just don't make enough power.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Group K does not suggest them like said earlier. They say you can drill holes in the side of the stock air box without need to rejet carbs. I think it was 7/8" holes.