• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Florida Panhandle Boat Storage

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@JetBoatPilot @Wayloncle @ToddW850 @Big Shasta

Guys I will be moving to southern Alabama in about a month but will only be boating in the Destin and PCB area. I would rather store it down there instead of trailering it every weekend. Does anyone know of a good place to store it? It can be a safe storage facility or a marine.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Legendary Marine in Destin is the only one I know anything about. It's located at the base of the Mid Bay Bridge at 4601 Legendary Marina Drive. 850-337-8300. I have a few friends that use it. Secure facility, but I don't think it's cheap. But it's in a convenient location. Let me know if you need more info on it and I'll see if I can get more.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
When I was looking for a place to store my boat I started with the local indoor stacked boat storage marinas. What I found was things like they get stupid busy and huge delays during popular weekends just to get your boat in or out of the water. Your boat might sit in the water overnight if they happen to not get to it when you come in. And you had to be back at their dock by like 4pm or it would definitely just stay in the water overnight. Also, with the special way you have to be sure to rinse our engines, I just didn't like the idea of some kid flushing the boat engines real quick before he gets to go home.

Treasure Island Marina is the biggest, they just built a new huge storage building so maybe they have deals to fill it up.

It really depends on what you want to pay for. Lifted slips are the best for convenience (as long as you don't want to trailer anywhere else much) but they are the most expensive. I pay 175.00 a month for my lifted slip and I got a great deal. Expect that to be the low end up to 300.00 a month. stacked indoor storage lots are about 200-250 a month. You can get a gated storage lot that you trailer from but on busy summer weekends, the launch ramps are packed out with little to no trailer parking available. It makes it very frustrating for a "relaxing boat weekend".

Check with the MWR of NSA Panama City and the marina at Tyndall (@Wayloncle will know the details there)....since you're military they will be the best rates with the best ramps but they have limited space and usually high waiting lists (at the navy base anyway).

Good luck. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm in Bahrain for a couple weeks right now but when I get back, I'm happy to help with any local contacts I can.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I second what @Big Shasta said. You could rent a slip for snout the same as a storage barn slot.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I keep mine on base at Tyndall, the marina is nice, even on holiday weekends I have never waited or have had anyone waiting on me to get my boat in or out of the water. They have a double wash rack for people that store their boats there, bunch of ice machines for members...
You can rent a slip for 6$ a day, I've left mine in a slip on weekends when I knew I'd be going back out the next morning.
I pay $41 a month. That's with a membership that gives you access to the ice and discounts at the restaurant and fuel pumps. There is a double ramp inside the fence for members and another double ramp outside the fence for anyone else.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

(850) 283-3059 Is their number, if you decide to go with Tyndall and there is a waiting list, let me know, I can get you a storage spot on base about 1/2 mile from the marina, and you can still be a marina member and have all access to it.

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It's a private condo, The owner of several units rents out the slips that tenants don't want. I'll PM you his name/number, Can't hurt to call him and get on the list. He's a really nice guy.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I keep mine on base at Tyndall, the marina is nice, even on holiday weekends I have never waited or have had anyone waiting on me to get my boat in or out of the water. They have a double wash rack for people that store their boats there, bunch of ice machines for members...
You can rent a slip for 6$ a day, I've left mine in a slip on weekends when I knew I'd be going back out the next morning.
I pay $41 a month. That's with a membership that gives you access to the ice and discounts at the restaurant and fuel pumps. There is a double ramp inside the fence for members and another double ramp outside the fence for anyone else.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

(850) 283-3059 Is their number, if you decide to go with Tyndall and there is a waiting list, let me know, I can get you a storage spot on base about 1/2 mile from the marina, and you can still be a marina member and have all access to it.
This is a great deal. Sounds like the way to go if you can't get a lifted slip at a decent price.

Tony Sweasy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The Naval Support Activity base in Panama City Beach has a marina with storage, wet or dry. Also across from Hurlbert field is a marina that is part of Hurlbert/Eglin faccilities, they may have storage. Pensacola is a little far to drive each weekend, but they have dry storage also. I checked the prices at one point, but cam't remember how much it was. Tyndall in Panama City probably has storage as well. The NSA is probably the best option, in my opinion, because you are only about 15min boat drive to Shell Island where there are plenty of dolphins and white sandy beaches. Haha, didn't read the post before mine....... The NSA for Panama City Beach or Hurlbert marina are the best places to launch in my opion. I store mine in dry storage on Ft. Rucker for $25 a month because of my Home Owners Association rule.

Last edited:

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I want to thank everyone for their input; which helped a lot. I decided to go with the Eglin AFB storage since they are running a 6 month special which earns you a free month if you pay up front. Plus it was only $8 a foot for indoor storage with power and a wash rack. They also take the boat on and off your trailer for free which is awesome since mine is a painted. I do plan on using the Panama City NAS once and while since the lodging is super cheap and has a boat ramp right there. I look forward to seeing all you guys in a little over a month.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cool deal @Helipilot11 . Glad you got settled on something. We are out on the water and/or Crab Island almost every weekend so I'm sure we'll run into each other.

There are a couple more fun spots we like to hit as well. Go through the East Pass (Destin) and into the Gulf of Mexico. Once you pass through the jetties, hang a right (west) and you'll usually see boats anchored up there. We like to snorkel and stuff there when it's not a rough day. Mouth of the East Pass can be like a washing machine on some days, so you gotta be careful and go through it at an angle.

Also, there are a group of islands in the Santa Rosa Sound called Spectre Island. They are southeast of the runway of Hurlburt Field. We've gone here and had an island to ourselves.

And for smooth wakeboarding, we'll cruise on up to Poquito Bayou (Shalimar) and Rocky Bayou (Niceville).

I can point these places out on the map for you if you are ever interested. @Albysure will be hanging with us most of the time too.

Tony Sweasy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Cool deal @Helipilot11 . Glad you got settled on something. We are out on the water and/or Crab Island almost every weekend so I'm sure we'll run into each other.

There are a couple more fun spots we like to hit as well. Go through the East Pass (Destin) and into the Gulf of Mexico. Once you pass through the jetties, hang a right (west) and you'll usually see boats anchored up there. We like to snorkel and stuff there when it's not a rough day. Mouth of the East Pass can be like a washing machine on some days, so you gotta be careful and go through it at an angle.

Also, there are a group of islands in the Santa Rosa Sound called Spectre Island. They are southeast of the runway of Hurlburt Field. We've gone here and had an island to ourselves.

And for smooth wakeboarding, we'll cruise on up to Poquito Bayou (Shalimar) and Rocky Bayou (Niceville).

I can point these places out on the map for you if you are ever interested. @Albysure will be hanging with us most of the time too.

I'm familiar with all those places you just mentioned. It's hidden paradise in those islands.... Gotta love it!! LOL Putting in at Lions park in Niceville is a good option on busy days at Crab Island because your only about 6 miles away from Crab Island...

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@ToddW850 all those spots look awesome. Can't wait to visit them all. Thanks for the pointers, I'm sure will bother you with more questions once I get down there.