1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

flushing after trip to ocean

Discussion in 'Sea-Doo Jet Boats' started by Ripley2017, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Ripley2017

Ripley2017 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Boat Make:
    SeaDoo
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Challenger
    Boat Length:
    I have seen many different posts about the way to flush out the system after being in salt water. One says water first and other says engine first. I believe one is for one type of motor and the other is for Mercury, which I have. I did mine today and turned water on first and then started engine. I only did it for about 45 seconds because of all the white smoke. Is that normal? My owner's manual says water first also. How long should I run the engine?

2. swatski

swatski Jetboaters Fleet Admiral

Ratings:
    +8,739 / 132
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I'm not familiar with your boat, hopefully some smarter guys will chime in. But if you have carbon seals (for pump shafts) - I would be very careful not to run the engines on a hose for longer than a few seconds.

--