• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

flushing after trip to ocean

Ripley2017

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have seen many different posts about the way to flush out the system after being in salt water. One says water first and other says engine first. I believe one is for one type of motor and the other is for Mercury, which I have. I did mine today and turned water on first and then started engine. I only did it for about 45 seconds because of all the white smoke. Is that normal? My owner's manual says water first also. How long should I run the engine?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have seen many different posts about the way to flush out the system after being in salt water. One says water first and other says engine first. I believe one is for one type of motor and the other is for Mercury, which I have. I did mine today and turned water on first and then started engine. I only did it for about 45 seconds because of all the white smoke. Is that normal? My owner's manual says water first also. How long should I run the engine?
I'm not familiar with your boat, hopefully some smarter guys will chime in. But if you have carbon seals (for pump shafts) - I would be very careful not to run the engines on a hose for longer than a few seconds.

--

SRSx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I have the same engine as yours, I also go to saltwater and flush after and I flush the engine, turn on the water first for at least 15 mins to remove all the salt water from the engine. My seadoo challenger still running like a champ this days and sometimes, I apply some seafoam once every year to clean up everything.