• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flushing not spitting

Collarman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2018 242x eseries
Came back today and went to flush the engines.
Water is coming out the bottom of the engines but not the spitters on the side. This has never happened.
Please help if you have any insight.

Thanks.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not enough water pressure?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Collarman likely water pressure or flow rate, but provided you are not getting an overheat warning, it is likely not something to worry about.

There are a number of posts where members report not seeing water exist the “pee holes” while conducting the flush procedure.

Collarman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the posts. Let’s see what happens on the weekend

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a thought, if I flush with just the garden hose I will get flow out of the pisser, if I use the Salt A Way canister I do not get flow out the pisser because of a decrease in water pressure.