• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flutter/Vibration from right side

lakesuperior

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New to me 2007 AR230. I'm in Marquette Michigan.

Boat seems in great shape. I took it out briefly once and don't recall the vibration.

I did install the new version of Thrust Vectors before the second time out. Not sure if that is relevant or not.

During the second time out I noticed a fluttering vibration through the right throttle lever at higher speed. Probably 30+ MPH. It does seem to not be there at times but is usually there.

I searched through this forum before posting. I inspected the intake and impeller and did re-silicone some seems between the metal and hull. Went out again and still felt it. Last night I pulled off the jet pump and impeller and everything seemed fine. I did not open up to look at bearings but they felt very tight and smooth turning. I have not reassembled yet. The only thing I noticed was some slight damage to the impeller blades. Seems minor to me but I could be wrong. Impeller.jpg

If the impeller might not be the issue please let me know anything else I should be looking for. Thank you in advance. I'll post a pick of the boat after it gets a new wrap next week.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The leading edge of the impeller needs attention. More than likely that is what your feeling, cavitation from the damage.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it could also be your reverse bucket is going all the way up and catching some of the spray at high speed, I can't remember what's required to install thrust vectors or if you have to mess with the buckets at all,

your impeller definitely is dinged, it's hard to identify the magic bullet of what type of "ding" causes cavitation and what doesn't,

you could try to file it smooth to see if it helps,

how long have you owned the boat ?
have you checked you scupper valve ?

look at the link in my signature for known issues with your model boat,

lakesuperior

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for replies. Will address or check out both of these.

lakesuperior

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So went out tonight and noticed a pattern. It only does it when turning to the right.
I can take off and hammer full throttle as long as i am perfectly straight or veering to the left. Zero issue at full throttle. The second I ever right it starts and won’t stop even as long as i keep on the throttle whether I then veer left or not. Pull back the throttle and than hammer it left again and no issue. Once again… veer right and it starts like clockwork.
Curious if the new thrust vectors have anything to do with this.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
So went out tonight and noticed a pattern. It only does it when turning to the right.
I can take off and hammer full throttle as long as i am perfectly straight or veering to the left. Zero issue at full throttle. The second I ever right it starts and won’t stop even as long as i keep on the throttle whether I then veer left or not. Pull back the throttle and than hammer it left again and no issue. Once again… veer right and it starts like clockwork.
Curious if the new thrust vectors have anything to do with this.
Did you make sure your fins were not binding after you installed them? Easy to get that spacer jammed. Make sure those fins move free and easy and don’t interfere with the buckets. Just a thought. Maybe one of the fins is stuck on that side.

lakesuperior

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everything seems normal. I’m going to call them tomorrow. Seems like their customer service is very good.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Everything seems normal. I’m going to call them tomorrow. Seems like their customer service is very good.
JetBoatPilot has excellent customer service!

lakesuperior

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm almost certain it was due to the reverse buckets cable being to loose and needed to be tightened. Very simple fix.

Jeff's Jet Boat Youtube videos are extremely helpful. I'm doing several other things he recommends as well.

lakesuperior

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup, that was the issue.