• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

fogging oil on filter

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
will i need to replace the filter. Some of the fogging oil came back on to the filter. I may have sprayed too much, however the other filter is fine. Spayed same amount in both filtersphoto.JPG

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
will i need to replace the filter. Some of the fogging oil came back on to the filter. I may have sprayed too much, however the other filter is fine. Spayed same amount in both filtersView attachment 2192
Kind of hard to see @CAM212SS . If that's the darker area I see near the bottom left and right I think you're probably ok but here's a test. Run @ WOT with the filters in and see if you get max RPM. If not, remove the filters and run at WOT again, see if the RPM's increase. That will tell you if the engine is breathing properly through the filters. You should do this test on the same day. If there is a significant difference in RPM I would go with new reusable air filters

Implosion

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Kind of hard to see @CAM212SS . What I would do is run @ WOT with the filters in and see if you get max RPM. If not, remove the filters and run at WOT again, see if the RPM's increase. That will tell you if the engine is breathing properly through the filters. You should do this test on the same day. If there is a significant difference in RPM I would go with the reusable air filters
I totally agree and it doesn't look like a big deal to me.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
very good.. i kinda thought that it might not be a huge deal since the oil is sprayed into the intake anyway.
i am getting anxions to get on the water, so i was in the boat this evening tinkering around when i noticed it. great idea @Gym . looking forward to WOT

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
very good.. i kinda thought that it might not be a huge deal since the oil is sprayed into the intake anyway.
i am getting anxions to get on the water, so i was in the boat this evening tinkering around when i noticed it. great idea @Gym . looking forward to WOT
Just curious @CAM212SS Can you remove the air filter on the 1.8's before fogging? I have to on the MR-1's to get to the intakes but not sure on the process for yours.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just curious @CAM212SS Can you remove the air filter on the 1.8's before fogging? I have to on the MR-1's to get to the intakes but not sure on the process for yours.
yes you can. I had read on other posts just to take off the hose between the filter and the intake and spray in that way... it is not too hard. just have to twist it a little at the right angle and it will come off. I will take it off next winterization and fog that way

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I fogged the same way, and never really gave it much thought since the filter is behind the point I introduced the fogging spray into. Guess I'll be checking filters too ...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oil on the filters clogs the pores and reduces the ability to breath. It may not be apparent on a no filter vs with filter run today, but on a hot and humid day, it may be very restrictive. If you can see the oil on it, it probably needs to be changed. But again...only one mans opinion! If you follow the fogging recommendations Yamaha uses, your filters should be fine, the engines draft the mist very efficiently.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ya know, this thread brings up an excellent additional point. I feel sure this doesn't apply to any of the good members here. However ...
If you do change your own oil & filter (as required), be VERY CAREFUL as to the quantity of new oil you put into your Yammy engine(s).
Because, as most already know, if you do "overfill," by just the slightest amount, the excess will wind up on the air filters (sadly, but true). And thse little suckers are not "cheap" to replace. :muted:
I only mention this, not to be some know it all, but simply to provide a little tidbit that hopefully might help some new(er) owner here.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian