• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fold Away Trailer Hitch...major problem averted!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I typically walk around the boat and do a cursory search/inspection for items as most of us probably do. On Sunday, after a return 200 mile trip home from the Ohio river, I was disconnecting my hitch and I noticed the front/folding part that swivels, was loose! I'm like, what the hell? Closer examination revealed the nut and bolt assembly (bottom one of two) had loosened itself up and was allowing about a 2" up/down play in the hitch. I re secured it but for those with the Shore lander trailer, check it out. Photo of the bolt assembly attached.

Attachments

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Scary...

But on the bright side with it loose you should have been able to take tighter turns with the boat...right!? o_O

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol, I wondered why it passed me a few times on the freeway!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh wow, that is scary. I think I'm going to be drilling a hole and putting in a cotter pin now. (only after I visually inspect the bolt to see if that's even possible)

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Or you could use some blue Locktite. The blue is made to allow the nut/bolt to be dissembled.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just looked at mine (while getting blasted in the face with wind) and I have two bolts on the port side of the tongue (yours looks backwards of mine). One of my bolts goes up, the other goes down. I tried turning them, they are very snug with what looks to be spacers to allow the tongue to pivot. I will probably loktite them as @Gym mentioned, that's the best bet. I could drill and put a cotter pin in, but now looking at it, it's unlikely that both of my bolts will rattle their way free without me noticing it first.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Or just get a SS Aircraft Nut. . . . . No loctite or cotter pin necessary!