• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fold down step

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just bought a 2016 seadoo gti 130 and it didn't come with a reboarding step. I've been looking around and really like the Spark folding step and was wondering if anyone has tried to install it on any other jetski other than the Spark?

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You should of bought the SE for a few hundred more. Good luck

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's an interesting step, had to google that one.

Found a video installing it on the spark. Do you have a cutout like that on your GTI?

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You should of bought the SE for a few hundred more. Good luck
Didn't really ask which one I should buy, but thanks for your input. FYI I got an amazing deal and can do a lot of upgrades myself and still be a couple thousand less than an SE model.

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's an interesting step, had to google that one.

Found a video installing it on the spark. Do you have a cutout like that on your GTI?

Probably won't work, pretty sure only the spark has that cutout.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@ScarabMike just installed a step on his new RXT300 and it look pretty nice and was sturdy. Hopefully he will chime in and give you the details...

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a step installed on my gti 130 when I bought it used last year, it's a great addition.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The GTI uses the same step that is on all the S3 hulls. Its isnt an install for someone thats is not experienced or used to drilling the hull. You have to follow the instructions to the T because there is no second chance.

The kit does not come with a stencil, just really good instructions. Once you drill the hull, you will then tap it, and screw the allen bolts directly to the tapped holes. The holes also need to be sealed. In the GTI is somewhat difficult to get to the inner rear of the craft. Good luck!

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agree on the mounting - I had it dealer installed and they pretty much mentioned the same thing.

The GTI uses the same step that is on all the S3 hulls. Its isnt an install for someone thats is not experienced or used to drilling the hull. You have to follow the instructions to the T because there is no second chance.

The kit does not come with a stencil, just really good instructions. Once you drill the hull, you will then tap it, and screw the allen bolts directly to the tapped holes. The holes also need to be sealed. In the GTI is somewhat difficult to get to the inner rear of the craft. Good luck!