• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Font type on 242 L/S

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well the wonderful State of IL finally got around to sending me my registration numbers after 6 months. So I want to match the font on the side of the boat. Anyone have any ideas what font type is used on the 16 242 L/S boats?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used domedlettering.com and went with 3inch Arial in white with the domed option. Came out pretty close to factory. Sorry no photos and the boat is wrapped until mid April.

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Checked out that site and it looks like the font is Acens. Thanks!!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought lettering from www.boatletteringtoyou.com and used the Eurostar font. I am replacing the lettering on the side. It was the exact font on my 16 242 Limited SE. This is what they sent me. Good Luck!
Boat Lettering.png

Vinyl Graphics
33" wide x 2.5" tall
The size above is the combined size of your graphics including hanging letters such as p,j,q
Metallic Enhancer

View Proof
Text: 242 LIMITED S
Font: Eurostar
Metallic Enhancer: YES
Bold: YES
Layer 1 - Standard - Light Brown

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought lettering from www.boatletteringtoyou.com and used the Eurostar font. I am replacing the lettering on the side. It was the exact font on my 16 242 Limited SE. This is what they sent me. Good Luck!
View attachment 51226
I am trying to do registration numbers to match this color and font. Does this site do the domed style that come on our boats? Also, do you know what color that is?

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I do believe they have the domed style, but I chose to get just the flat letters....too many issues with the domed letters getting caught on my boat lift straps. This size exactly fits where the current letters are...both in height and width.

Vinyl Graphics

33" wide x 2.5" tall
The size above is the combined size of your graphics including hanging letters such as p,j,q
Metallic Enhancer

View Proof
Text: 242 LIMITED S
Font: Eurostar
Metallic Enhancer: YES
Bold: YES
Layer 1 - Standard - Light Brown