• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fool me once...storage woes

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Keep my boat on a surface lot close to my house during the summer run by the Knights of Columbus. I store it in a barn for the winter. Been doing this for 5 seasons, I was one of the original lessees on that lot. The KC guys are good guys but super disorganized. Last year I went to put my boat in my spot and they told me they had rented it out over the winter. For 3 weeks I drove by an empty spot and called them out on it. Finally they gave it back to me. Fast forward to this year...A few weeks ago I drove into the lot and there is a nice camper sitting in my normal spot. There is a limited # of spots that depth and this one is nice for getting in and out of, which I typically do by myself.

Would not really be mad if they said "Jeff, we gotta rent the spot to someone who is gonna occupy and pay rent all year". The point is that they have been letting me do this no problem for awhile, I just leave my deposit with them. Now they really did rent out the spot with no call or nothing. Looks like they are filling up and I am happy for them, just kinda mad. Funny thing is my gate code still works!

So I am working on a plan B for summer storage, but now it looks like I gotta find a 30 day home for my boat and I can't keep it at my house. There are 2 other surface lots close by, but I have had damage or people mess with my stuff at both, so they are out. It's killing me, but I am tempted to leave it in the barn until end of May.:banghead:

Nathan Bryant

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That drives me up a wall with non-communication and avoidance. I'd circle back with them and negotiate a short term solution until you can find an appropriate longer term deal somewhere else. Good old Catholic guilt goes a long way.

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope you find something. We are limited here also. I keep the boat at the house but pay for year round storage to have a place to put it in the winter. I wonder if I could sub-let my unit during the season to someone from out of town. lol

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I hope you find a spot, I am just wondering what an indoor non heated spot would be worth for storage, I have a pole barn with room for about 4 boats including mine, I'm about 1 hour south of Chicago.. I have never had to worry about storage so just curious what it costs...

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What a bummer to hear Jeff. I hope you get some resolve soon.