• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Footwell drain for Jetskis

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My 2006 FX HO cruiser sits on a floating lift. I don't want to stick my feet into warm scuzzy rain water every time I use it. Yamaha put in a system last year to drain footwells. Does anyone have a good mod for this or should I just order similar parts and put the foot well drains in?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2006 FX HO cruiser sits on a floating lift. I don't want to stick my feet into warm scuzzy rain water every time I use it. Yamaha put in a system last year to drain footwells. Does anyone have a good mod for this or should I just order similar parts and put the foot well drains in?
Great question. My brother has one, a 2016 or 17, it has exactly the same issue. Not sure if he would mod his ski, but an easy solution would be worth a shot, in my opinion. Not only can the dead water in the footwells be nasty to the feet, but the green slime that can grow in it can get very slippery leading to reduced "foot grip" when riding.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was considering this for my VX cruiser. Was reading some either on GH or another forum, and apparently there were some issues with the design/process.

My footwells often flood when I am in no wake zones.

Can you use a cover on your ski to keep the rain off?

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes it has a cover. I haven't had the ski long enough to know if the cover will fix the problem. I can ask the previous owner though.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes it has a cover. I haven't had the ski long enough to know if the cover will fix the problem. I can ask the previous owner though.
He said that the cover still let some in, and suggested another coat of 303 protectant.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would give an additional coat of 303 a try before trying a drain mod.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would give an additional coat of 303 a try before trying a drain mod.
Right. Drain into bilge on ski... not a good idea. Drain overboard = good, except I am picturing a 1/4" scupper = not so good.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Standing water in the footwells can also blister and lift the paint. Its not gelcoat on yamahas its actually paint. Very important to remove any water

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My waverunners are stored outside with their covers on during the off/rainy season. As the covers age or if you are using generic covers they sag where the material goes over the foot wells. This allows water to pool there and eventually into the foot wells. To solve this I put some blocked of wood at the low end of the foot wells so water doesn’t pool on the cover there. Another alternative is to put a plastic tarp either over or under the covers.

If I were to install foot well drains I would lead them to the outer hull just under the drain port in the footwells. I would prefer to use a small one way (Scupper?) through hull for the output port But as long as the hose between the input and output ports stays connected I don’t think I would need to worry about water draining into the hull from the footwell or from the output port.