• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

For anyone using a Clarion MF1...

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Where/how did you mount it? I was expecting the back of the clip to be flat and I had a couple of ideas what I wanted to do, but when it arrived with a concave back I'm rethinking. Obviously I could just drill a hole and mount it, but I wanted to see if anyone else did something different. Thanks.

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
The reason I bought the MF1 is so I wouldn't have to drill any holes. It is so small and the clip looks fragile so I don't think I will mount it. Right now, I have it in a ziploc bag and put it in one of the rear cupholders when we are anchored. I will probably get a small, clear, waterproof pouch for it and hang it on a cleat or one of the rear handles. It is in the glovebox when we are moving.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I made a wood piece that filled the void. Drilled a larger hole and added a second so it would spin. Mounted flush. Dont have any pics tho....

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm playing with using a radar detector mount so I can move it around as needed. Of course the weather stunk tonight so I couldn't do much.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just used some heavy duty double sided tape and stuck it on the gunwale just forward of the throttle so when the throttle is in the forward position its a really easy reach to adjust it. It has held just fine for about 3 months now. It sits a a slight angle, but doesn't bother me. I am pretty sure the rounded back is designed that way for steering wheel mounting, but I think it would just be in the way on the wheel. (Sorry I don't have an actual picture. I just found this online and edited it.)

2013_yamaha_ar192_8_lgw.jpg

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Used my quickly thrown together radar detector mount on Saturday and it worked great. Mounted just above the throttle when driving and on the transom when swimming. I'm going to cleanup the way it is connected to the mount and call that problem solved.

2015-08-08 19.30.39.jpg 2015-08-08 19.30.08.jpg