• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed For Sale - 2011 AR240 HO - 92hrs - Ormond Beach, FL

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hate to do it, but our family's gone to a BIG cabin cruiser, which means I have to sell my 2011 Yamaha AR240HO bow rider jet boat. I'm the second owner (purchased from a Yamaha boat dealer) & have the title in-hand. Asking $33,500.

I've uploaded a few photos, but I have an entire gallery of high-res pics and walk-through video here: https://goo.gl/photos/idjGFoBCS7vQn8Rt7

Features:
Twin 1.8L I-4 jet drives. Impellers don't have any dings or chips.
Wakeboard tower and bimini. Both are in great shape.
Just shy of 24' long, and has a draft of just 16."
Cobra jet steering.
I had both a Raymarine a78 chartplotter, transducer and VHF with antenna professionally installed. Very high priced and they rock! The Raymarine and VHF are wired together, so the GPS coordinates from the chartplotter also go the VHF. If you were ever in need of assistance, this is a big safety feature. There's also a compass located between the steering wheel & gauges
SeaDek non-skid flooring from bow to stern. Once you go SeaDek, you'll never go back. I also have the factory carpet (never used).
Dual batteries (one starter/one deep cycle) are installed with a battery switch.
The boat will come with all the tables (one for the interior, one for the swim platform), seat cushions (bow and port) and a port-a-potty for the changing room.
I have the all-weather cover and poles (though I've never used it). Stored inside.
The boat has an aftermarket steering wheel (because it's red and looks good), but I also have the original.
There's a freshwater shower on the rear swim platform. The tank is located on the starboard port side. Very handy when it comes to rinsing off.

Trailer Features:
Galvanized tandem axle trailer with surge brakes (yes they work).
I swapped out the rear lights to LED for better visibility.
Last winter, I did a trailer overhaul and replaced the following items -- Shackles, springs, equalizers, bolts, nuts, new wood bunks, bunk carpet, stainless steel staples, galvanized lag bolts. You can see my posts regarding it.
Tires and galvanized wheels are less than 1 year old and have maybe 600 miles on them.

Maintenance:
I've used this boat in both the intra-coastal (Halifax River) and fresh water lakes in Orlando. After each use, both engines were flushed with water and salt-terminator. The entire boat (inside and out) was also hand washed and dried after each use. The engines, steering linkage, jet drives and anything else metal was also sprayed with Boeshield T-9 afterward too. I'm very particular with the maintenance and upkeep. Oil recently changed with Yamalube oil and factory Yamaha filter. Boat was freshly compounded and waxed two months ago. Water beads up incredibly well.

With less than 100 hours, the boat is in great condition. It does have wear and tear though, as any boat that's used will have. Few light scratches on the stainless steel rub rail, little corrosion on the hatch latches and the pin-striping could benefit from being replaced. All of this is normal for this boat. Feel free to call/email me if you have any questions. The boat is all there and is ready to go.
ar1.JPG ar2.JPG ar3.JPG

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sent you a PM.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lol I sent it to someone else selling their boat as well lol by accident. Sent you a PM but disregard me asking about the cover since I see you mentioned you have one. You are a good ways from me at 8 hours out.

Last edited:

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bump - Price lowered to $33,500

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cruisinblue - did you see the google photo album link? There should be a good number of side/rear pics. If not, there's also a video there too. Thanks!
@GiddYupJoe

Cruisinblue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I did. After my original reply. Lol.

Love the boat, color and all. Just not sure if the AR tower is right for me. My buddy has a really nice sound system on his 242 LS and that is really important to me as well. Just not sure if I would want to add that on top of the boat price, you know?!

Going to look this over again tonight with the wife and see what she thinks. Also, pick @GiddYupJoe brain a bit. He lives 4 houses down from me.

I will be in touch either way.

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cruisinblue I have two amps and exile tower speakers that I can look to work a deal with you. They were purchased from a fellow JetBoater, but I never got the chance to install them. Something to consider.

On a side note, the tower always a good thing. Mounting boards, speakers, Bimini and other goodies is always necessary

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length