• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

For the record.......

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok ladies and gents,

I have read some crazy posts on social media at some Scarab owners turning their nose up at being able to service these boats at Seadoo dealerships like its some kind of curse word, or condescending for the owners. Are you freaking kidding me????

The legacy owners from Scarab, Chaparral, and Glastron fought hard to get this, and I see people bashing it like you have purchased a Princess yacht. Unbelievable.....

Just because you spent 80K on a boat that in the end, is an entry level boat doesn't make you better than anyone else, or any other owner. To be honest, I would trade my Scarab for a Seadoo SP any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Yes there have been issues with quality control, and workmanship. But before you go out there and make a fool of yourself, educate yourself. This company is actively listening, reading our issues and concerns. That more than some boat manufacturers out there, heck even car companies.

Get a grip. Do your homework before you buy. If you want turn key, and a long history of reliability, buy a Yamaha. But the reliability gap between the two companies is getting smaller.

Faith Johnson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Would not trust a company selling outboards and just starting selling Scarab. Those are the ones that hook the hose up to it and run it for 30 minutes because that’s all they’ve ever known.

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We just found out we are able to take ours to our local powersport dealer. They've confirmed being trained on it and excited to have ours brought in. We'll see how it goes, considering I won't be taking this back to New Orleans..LOL

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heck if I was one of the techs, Id want to get a hold of your boat too!!! Im sure its going to be a good experience, but let us know.

We just found out we are able to take ours to our local powersport dealer. They've confirmed being trained on it and excited to have ours brought in. We'll see how it goes, considering I won't be taking this back to New Orleans..LOL

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Heck if I was one of the techs, Id want to get a hold of your boat too!!! Im sure its going to be a good experience, but let us know.
They are great with our jetski, and they are meticulous with their work, so I look forward to it, but will let you know how it goes!

Southernboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You’re missing the point @ScarabMike . You tried to call me out on instagram because I posted something on Scarabs account? Why do suddenly feel the need to defend this company? The problem is not that I think my Scarab is a yacht. The problem is that I live in the Florida Panhandle, and NOONE will touch the boat. I’ve called 3 seadoo dealers, including Pensacola powersports (a platinum certified dealer), and they will not service Scarab. The manager flat out told me no. Just because you are hearing that seadoo can service the boats doesn’t mean they will.