• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fortress fx7 anchor

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just recieved this anchor and tested it out today. It's amazing! Set first time and didn't move all day. Just a heads up to those looking for their 215 scarabs with anchor locker, it will not fit in the locker with the ladder in place. I am going to attemp to remove the ladder and see if it work....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love love love the Fortress line up! If you live in Florida, you should have one onboard.

Lendwaym

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Just recieved this anchor and tested it out today. It's amazing! Set first time and didn't move all day. Just a heads up to those looking for their 215 scarabs with anchor locker, it will not fit in the locker with the ladder in place. I am going to attemp to remove the ladder and see if it work....
Did you have to move the ladder or remove the ladder to get the anchor in the storage compartment?

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you have to move the ladder or remove the ladder to get the anchor in the storage compartment?
I had to remove the ladder. We never use it anyways and it made it easier to access the anchor

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there an anchor that does fit in the locker you know of?
I have no clue. I absolutely love the fortress though, you won't regret it.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I don’t have a Fortress anchor, but it is a Danforth style (same concept/overall design) and it fits great. I have to pull the ladder out to get at the anchor, but that is how the locker is designed. E821E081-10ED-4579-AA40-E4B8A9B43EB7.pngPretty sure this is the size I got, but I’ll verify later today.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I don’t have a Fortress anchor, but it is a Danforth style (same concept/overall design) and it fits great. I have to pull the ladder out to get at the anchor, but that is how the locker is designed. View attachment 124869Pretty sure this is the size I got, but I’ll verify later today.
I never had good luck with the "slip ring" style anchor. They just don't hold. Get a Danforth and attach 6 feet of chain to it. You won't have any issues.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I don’t have a Fortress anchor, but it is a Danforth style (same concept/overall design) and it fits great. I have to pull the ladder out to get at the anchor, but that is how the locker is designed. View attachment 124869Pretty sure this is the size I got, but I’ll verify later today.
Confirmed this is the one; 14.5” side to side for 20-24’ boat. We have been using this anchor for 5 years without any issues. Seems to grab fine.

Lendwaym

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Confirmed this is the one; 14.5” side to side for 20-24’ boat. We have been using this anchor for 5 years without any issues. Seems to grab fine.
So you don’t have to remove the ladder just pull it out? Also, does it fit a Scarab215? The 14.5” dimension is from where to where?

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
For all of you that want the fortress to fit. I cut off about 3” and redrilled it. Fits perfectly in my 215 now. It’s an easy mod and the ladder can stay

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So you don’t have to remove the ladder just pull it out? Also, does it fit a Scarab215? The 14.5” dimension is from where to where?
My boat is a Scarab 215 and it fits like a glove. The 14,5” is the bar that runs perpendicular to the anchor line.
You have to lower the ladder into the water to get the anchor out. I set the anchor, then tie it off to the side cleat, bring the ladder back in and close the hatch. Works great.

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I did have to cut those a bit shorter to fit. The main thing is where the chain connects. I cut it shorter so the anchor could sit fully in the factory spot. On my 2015 scarab 215 the anchor bottoms out before it can fully rest in the supports, which is why I had to shorten it just a bit. These photos should help

Attachments

Last edited:

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
And you just cut the piece my finger is point at to 14.5”?
Yes, that needs to be cut in order to fit in the locker. The anchor that I got was the correct size at purchase, so did no need cutting.