• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Found this in my bilge, any ideas?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I installed a stainless drain plug and while doing so I noticed a piece of a hose clamp in the bilge. When I looked through the access hatch, I saw this...
1979B551-E328-4BE6-9E29-4CBCC18FE747.jpeg82E7A8C6-8930-4859-8526-EAF4252A2911.jpeg

I was able to remove the broken clamp. It measures around 4 inches in diameter.
I checked the top and bottom of the two clean out port sleeves and they both have a clamp in place. All of the other obvious (to me) hoses have significantly smaller clamps

I also noticed that I should consider replacing the clamps when I instal my second bilge as they have show some rust. Any suggestions on where to source? I recall some post about supposed SS clamps that rusted in short order..

2012 SX210

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
check exhaust hoses

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yes but the back clamps are notorious for rotting and falling off so you need to check them I always add a heavy cable tie next to the clamps for extra security since you don't want carbon monoxide in the hull or water from the exhaust

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to confirm, I would be looking for what is tagged as #4 on the diagram.

4D666FEC-51E0-4CFF-BADC-EC66D60A0AC3.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That could also be a clamp that secures the cleanout plug tube to the access tray under the cleanout hatch Or the clamp which secures The tube to the pump. Parts 10 and 11 in this pic. F48CF078-CDD8-4D1F-9B4B-EBE09FDB349B.png

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That could also be a clamp that secures the cleanout plug tube to the access tray under the cleanout hatch Or the clamp which secures The tube to the pump. Parts 10 and 11 in this pic. View attachment 139140
Thanks for the feedback. That was the first place I check and each tube has a clamp at the top and bottom, which are showing some corrosion and need to be replaced in the not too distant future.

I’m also trying to figure out if I should replace with OEM, or if there is a more durable SS Clamp I should consider. Now that I know about CorrosionX, I will be sure to treat the new clamps once they are installed.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought a bunch of replacement clamps from west marine. I believe they are SS, they were about twice the cost of those sold by yamaha sports plaza but I shouldn’t have to replace them again.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Made it back to the back today to perform an oil change and plugs. Took a look through the small hatch, and it appears as if both clamps for the starboard exhaust are GONE!

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC , Jeff, thanks for the heads up here. Much rather discover this while safe on land vs out on the water, although it probably broke off during the last outing.

So now I need to determine how to access this and replace the clamps. It would appear that even after removing the larger tray, it’s going to be a tight squeeze to get clamps installed here. I image this has been done before, so looking for any advice.