• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Found this in the bottom of the engine compartment for the 2nd time

So I took off the drainage tray and did a little inspecting. No rusty or loose clamps were observed. A little water was in the very bottom of the area but I guess that is normal. I did see a bunch of plugs connected. There was one plug however that was not connected nor did it have the other wire in the area to connect too. It was labeled "TRI". Not sure what it is for.

I then saw a metal handle that was connected to a bottom brass fitting, not sure what that fitting is and what the handle is for. But it extends up to almost the top of the compartment, gotta be a reason ??

Then I saw the exhaust muffler (I think that's what it is, big silver metal cylinder) was resting on wood. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing

I finally sprayed everything down with some CRC, closed up shop and called it a day.
Thoughts ????

Attachments

• back 1.jpg
    back 1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 58
  • back 2.jpg
    back 2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 57
  • back 3.jpg
    back 3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 56
  • back 4.jpg
    back 4.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 50
  • back 5.jpg
    back 5.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 50
  • back 7.jpg
    back 7.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 49
  • back 6.jpg
    back 6.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 47
The metal handle is shut off valve for the intake for your ballast system.

The water boxes are supposed to sit on the wood with rubber straps over the top.​

Agree on the shutoff valve.

I also agree with the snip off theory on the clamps. I do that frequently on installs so that the long end does not catch on something. If you look at the pic, the end of the piece is clean cut and there is no rust or corrosion. I would not worry at all about those. Keep up normal inspections, of course.

You will hear several terms for the big cylinders with convex ends. They are a muffler of sorts but not considered part of the exhaust. The will retain water and it isn't possible to get rid of it all. But...being a cylinder with convex ends, water that freezes will expand upwards with room to grow, so that there is never any worry about freeze damage. Their common name is water box, however the manuals refer to them as water locks.

But...being a cylinder with convex ends, water that freezes will expand upwards with room to grow, so that there is never any worry about freeze damage.

In case anyone doubts this "theory," my boat survived last winter (with a week or so of 40-below-zero weather and many more weeks of nearly that cold) in un-heated storage with no ill effects. I do NOT flush with anti-freeze prior to storage.

Spare parts!

And did you pay extra for them? No!

God I love my Yammi...

It gets better. Just found 2 of these now. WTF. View attachment 8764
Those look like the washers that attached the seat backs on the swim platform. Either someone dropped them when installing or one of your seat back bolts came loose.

Those look like the washers that attached the seat backs on the swim platform. Either someone dropped them when installing or one of your seat back bolts came loose.
You are sick!!! He just put a pic of 2 non descript plain Jane washers up. And you said they look like the ones from the seat back. Hell he could have found them on the ground for all we know LOL!!! It has become apparent to me that most members here have a serious addiction problem, the knowledge on this forum blows me away. You people are not normal. AND THATS WHY I LOVE IT HERE!!!!

You are sick!!! He just put a pic of 2 non descript plain Jane washers up. And you said they look like the ones from the seat back. Hell he could have found them on the ground for all we know LOL!!! It has become apparent to me that most members here have a serious addiction problem, the knowledge on this forum blows me away. You people are not normal. AND THATS WHY I LOVE IT HERE!!!!

I've considered shopping for used sea doo's but I consider this forum almost like a lifetime warranty on a Yamaha. I don't think I'd buy anything other than a Yamaha at this point.

And your post is signature worthy.

Will check soon. I actually thought it looked like one of those washers. Figured I throw it out to the sharks and get some other opinions.

I just happened to be looking at them when I changed my plugs and since they are quite large it stuck in my mind.

Somewhat related, I found the following items in my bilge area under the cleanout tray today:

image.jpg

I'm not worried about the locking nut, as it is clear that it was never used, so I'm assuming it was probably dropped in there at some point during manufacturing.

Was a little more worried about the hose clamp, so I started my investigation. It's from my port engine air intake hose. The starboard clamp is much longer and "complete". It took me awhile to find it, I figured it would be one of those impossible to get to hose clamps under the cleanout hatch or in a remote inaccessible area :D

image.jpg

Strange that I found one yesterday and looked around and didn't see anything loose or that would have been shortened.

Anyone know what the "TRI" plug is for ?
The "TRI" stands for Triducer. The boats are prewired depending on the model and what gets connected. So you could easily replace the transducer with a triducer and get your speed/depth/water temp all displayed. We do this on the SX/AR190 series when some one wants depth but doesn't want to pay the 192 price.

The "TRI" stands for Triducer. The boats are prewired depending on the model and what gets connected. So you could easily replace the transducer with a triducer and get your speed/depth/water temp all displayed. We do this on the SX/AR190 series when some one wants depth but doesn't want to pay the 192 price.
I didn't realize this. Any idea what part I'd need? I assume the paddle wheel speed pickup is what you're talking about replacing?

Edit: NM, I found my answers... http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=368&t=61443&sid=2b9fc525d18778573bbe16398ac93a00

Last edited:
Man I was too slow! @bucks448 It's a very easy swap once you get the clean out tray liner out of the way. Just plug it into the other harness and your gauges will read depth, speed, and water temp!

Somewhat related, I found the following items in my bilge area under the cleanout tray today:

View attachment 8817

I'm not worried about the locking nut, as it is clear that it was never used, so I'm assuming it was probably dropped in there at some point during manufacturing.

Was a little more worried about the hose clamp, so I started my investigation. It's from my port engine air intake hose. The starboard clamp is much longer and "complete". It took me awhile to find it, I figured it would be one of those impossible to get to hose clamps under the cleanout hatch or in a remote inaccessible area :D

View attachment 8818
I found that my piece cam from the exact same location.

Back