• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Four (4) solid boat hours

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, I know for most of you this is probably no big deal. But I have a family with 3 boys in it. And plenty of honey-dos. And time alone on the lake is very, very rare.

Well, this week, 2 boys are at camp, 1 boy is at a conference out of town and the wife took him there. Leaving just me and the dogs. So I went out on the boat. Packed up a bunch of magazines I have been meaning to read, a few beers, a few waters, some tools and other odds and ends I had purchased for the boat... and out I went.

It was glorious. Mostly I sat and floated. Tightened a few things. And ran around a little.
2015-06-27 13.39.55.jpg

I tried out the new anchor thingy. I will do a separate write-up on that...

Then, I set up this:

2015-06-27 13.38.47.jpg

Yes, that is a $20 floating cooler from Academy. Plus the cheapest mushroom anchor I could find. Plus a 50' anchor line (both from Amazon). So now when I take friends of an adult age to the lake, we can drop the cooler for those who want to sit in the water and drink, while we take the boat around to play. The plan is to put the mid-size AO cooler in the middle of that puppy (it does come with a lid, but I think using a real cooler will hold the ice better). And note the cup holders? I think I am set on that front.

Not bad for a day they said would be full of scattered thunderstorms. :)

:D Envy!

I am looking to take the boat out solo myself. Do you trailer or are you in a slip. If launching solo, I will gladly take some pointers.

I was out on Conroe today also, with my wife and one of my boys. No water sports, so I had time to mount my flag holders and program some Bimini waypoints into my new gps. I turned on my vhf, but you didn't call. ... ... so sad, but on a positive note, I didn't drop any tools or parts in the lake while mounting the flag holders on the tower... I was really expecting to drop something because the water was pretty choppy.
I'm glad that you had a chance to recharge your batteries. Sometimes being all alone on your boat is like heaven.

So sorry I missed you! I had my vhf on too and tried your number several times. I am sure we will get it eventually.

Didn't drop any tools? Really? I lost a rag... ;) It was rather choppy, wasn't it?

Yes, very choppy. I was trying to concentrate on holding a rubber gasket on my tower, while holding two pieces of the flag holder clamp, while trying to screw the hex bolts in, while talking to my wife WHO WAS OBLIVIOUS TO THE CHALLENGE THAT I WAS FACING IN THE CHOPPY WATERS. It would have been a great day to have been alone on the boat. We got off the lake around 3:30. Bonus because the forecast had the thunderstorms coming in around 1 PM. I'm sitting outside in the thunder and lightening watching tv as I type this. Forecast was off by 10 hrs.

Back