• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Free Air Subs

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was a little skeptical about getting one. After installing a jl 10m ib I was pleasantly surprised how good it is. It doesn't hit as hard as an enclosed sub but it didn't disappoint. I am more about sq than shaking the boat

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have a lot to compare it to, but my JL 10" sub is solid and hits nicely. Its located in the bench behind the driver facing the center of the boat. It's powered by a bridged JL M200 amp with separate volume knob on the dash.20181013_180634.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am happy with my 2 JL IB 10s.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

B Frank

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was a little skeptical about getting one. After installing a jl 10m ib I was pleasantly surprised how good it is. It doesn't hit as hard as an enclosed sub but it didn't disappoint. I am more about sq than shaking the boat
My '08 AR210 is gettinga JL upgrade as we speak...including a 10"IB

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The JL version sounds great. At first I wasn't happy, but after installing a wetsounds EQ that gave me the ability to turn up the sub, it really made it come alive.

Bradley Martin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The JL version sounds great. At first I wasn't happy, but after installing a wetsounds EQ that gave me the ability to turn up the sub, it really made it come alive.
What sub did u go with?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unless you don’t care about chewing up storage space with a sealed box and venting it into the cabin free air is the way to go. I got overly ambitious and built my own sealed enclosures between the inner and outer hull. The project took so long and was so painstaking I would never try it again. JL free air is the way to go. The bigger the better.

Bradley Martin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless you don’t care about chewing up storage space with a sealed box and venting it into the cabin free air is the way to go. I got overly ambitious and built my own sealed enclosures between the inner and outer hull. The project took so long and was so painstaking I would never try it again. JL free air is the way to go. The bigger the better.
I am thinking 2 12s

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am thinking 2 12s
Most guys here go with 10s because I think that is what fits the best but if you can make 12s fit the additional surface area helps a lot.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are awesome! I put a jl 10 in the boat and liked it so much i put a pioneer 8 in the rear deck of my car (had 8"hole already). That sounds great too.

bhos13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone used or experienced the new kicker IB subs released last year? Not finding any reviews online yet..

Bradley Martin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone used or experienced the new kicker IB subs released last year? Not finding any reviews online yet..
I have the kickers 6.5 and 8s the km series with LEDs and they sound really good. Looking to add a sub, but dont know which direction to go. Free air or enclosure

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where did you install it in the boat
Under the starboard bench seat. I put a wood ring on back side for support. Was pushing is with a JL m200 amp connected to a wetsounds ws420 EQ and it sounded great. I have anchored boat at beach and could hear the bass up on the beach no problem.

2019-03-06_14-47-48.png

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I wanna see someone mount 12’s so I can copy them! 😉