• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Freezer/refrigerator combo cooler

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recently participated in the Jeep Jamboree Rubicon Trail event. While doing so I saw the Subject product offered by Black Forrest. I didn't take measurements but it looks like it would be a perfect replacement for the standard cooler that fits in the 240 and 230 series boat.

There is just one very big problem with it in my opinion and I'd bet many of you will agree. It is not that it doesn't have wheels.

https://www.blackforestgear.com/fridge-freezer-ff31-5012267

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is that just a portable fridge? Pretty cool

bigblank69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yikes that thing costs almost as much as my actual fridge! Looks cool, but I'll stick with my cooler on wheels and a bunch of ice :)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These coolers are popular in the four wheel drive community. I would love one but do not like the price. The compressor is likely the same as in the $500 Waeco / Dometic CD030 in my boat.

If I were buying one I would opt for ARB. I have a friend with an ARB dealership in Queensland and know they build top quality products.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know if that "truckfridge" linked above is able to be used in a horizontal position? Really want to add a fridge, but not sure I want to commit to cutting and permanently installing one. Would be nice to fit a portable one, under the passenger side lounge seat.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zelone, I bet that “truckfridge” would fit in the head compartment. It is about half the price of the drawer style fridge that I am enjoying.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This just made my xmas list, assuming it will fit in the yamaha "cooler pit".

I saw a similar model on an jeep event recently for closer to $900 i think, a will see if i can find the link.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dometic makes a few other portable fridges, that look interesting. I'm not sure yet, what I wanna do. I love the look and function of @Bruce drawer, but I wonder if having a portable would be more practical. I still have at least 2 months to figure out what to buy then get it installed.

Top Bottom