• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Freight and Dealer fee question

OCDoug

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hi All,

Long time member, but don’t usually post. I enjoy watching and learning. Anyway, I was just quoted these fees for a new Yamaha 252sd,
4,995 freight
3,450 prep
999.00 dealer service fee

to me these fees seam extraordinary high. Dealer is in Florida. Can anyone provide me input on recent purchases?

thanks in advance

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I purchased a 255xd in AZ in October. Yes those amounts seem a bit high but Florida may be different.

$3,950 Freight and Prep (no seperate Freight Fee)
$499 Doc Fee

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In July I paid this in GA:

Freight $2,750
Prep $600
Doc Fee $399

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I thought $2,500 Freight and Prep + $571 Doc was high :oops:

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
waayy back in 2019...
freight $0
rigging $493
doc $175

chippens

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Freight $2950
Documents/Registration: $390
UCC Filing Fee: $55

DaytonFlyer1068

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Not sure what part of Florida you’re in but if you’re close enough you might want to try Park Marine in the Atlanta area. They are great to deal with and their freight and prep fees are much more reasonable.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Way too high. Keep shopping.

Oafy44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
First time poster - just bought a 2023 255xd from park marina in Kennesaw,Ga. last week with 10 hours on it - Yamaha has corporate offices down the street so they get a new boat every year and then use park marina to sell the previous one off.

Overall park marina was really good. Didn’t push you to buy anything I hate it when people try to sell me something ….but I actually had to go out of my way a “tad” to show them I was serious by walking in the store and meeting with my salesperson. They were also the lowest price from what I could see on boat trader across the country even before I offered them a price. Doc fee was $499. Because it was “used” I had no dealer prep or freight because it was low hours I was also able to get the Y.E.S. Warranty for 4 years for $2750.

They do have a couple 23’ 252 with 13 hours on them - my guess from other Yamaha employees. Have you thought about getting the $2750 - 4 year warranty and saving $$ vs new ? Mine was so new it still had some items on the boat still not been taken out of packaging.

Getting my orientation on the boat tomorrow actually and I appreciate this forum for all your advice. Because of how my dock is/water level is thru the year- it was between the sea doo switch and the Yamaha 255x after 3 months of researching. Yes I know - one is basically half the price as the other but as some wise people said on this forum “buy your second boat first “.

Last edited:

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Oafy44 Where do you keep your boat? Mine came from Park in Kennesaw and I was totally underwhelmed by the experience. I keep my boat at Port Royale on Lanier (same owners) and the service dept there is totally top notch. In fact I got the YES warranty only because of the service I get there. For example they volunteer to come to my slip to diagnose an issue and the order the part so it is in the shop for shortest time.
PS you made the right choice of the 255 over the switch!

iamtommyboy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bought a 2023 222 FSH Sport in Sept last year. These were the fees aside from boat and taxes:

Fgt/Prep. $0.00

Yam. Surc. $1,500.00

Doc Fee $518.00

jsr418

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I just picked up a 2023 leftover 255xd in NY and paid no freight and no prep. I got 10k off msrp as well…..

Oafy44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Oafy44 Where do you keep your boat? Mine came from Park in Kennesaw and I was totally underwhelmed by the experience. I keep my boat at Port Royale on Lanier (same owners) and the service dept there is totally top notch. In fact I got the YES warranty only because of the service I get there. For example they volunteer to come to my slip to diagnose an issue and the order the part so it is in the shop for shortest time.
PS you made the right choice of the 255 over the switch!
Reading between the lines I think I know exactly what you are talking about. If I was going to buy a new boat….or the one I bought was available , I think I would have bought down at singleton marina at lake oconee. There was younger guy down there that was super helpful and offered to take me out and show me the 24 255x.

If this boat wasn’t available for the price, I would have gone that route. But for $30k less a 24 with 10 hours on it - I felt like I would buy it then figure everything else out later being a bit early for north Georgia boating weather.

We bought a lake house up at lake Chatuge, so that’s where it will be. There’s a few Yamaha service marinas up there I’ll check out but if you know a good one that way let me know. I’m like you and feel good knowing a got 4 years to figure this thing out with the warranty.

Btw- we joined the Freedom boat club up there last year because we weren’t sure which direction we wanted to go. Mostly all pontoons / 1 fishing boat/ 5-6 deck boats. We have been really happy with them and will keep them for when we have company and want to take out a pontoon. I think they are opening one up at lake Lanier - also they are nationwide and can use the membership to get a boat at any of their marinas. I went down to 30a last fall and got a center console and had a blast fishing in the bay. So if anyone wants a “second “ boat but don’t want to keep up with a second boat I highly recommend Freesom boat club. All boats are less than 3 years old / your membership includes insurance. Just pay for gas. Only downside is on a busy lake you have to be proactive and book your day/time in advance. However if your good friends with the dockmaster (nice tips $$of course ) we have never had a problem calling up same day and getting something.

DaytonFlyer1068

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
@AlpharettaRK I keep my boat on Lanier at Safe Harbor Hideaway Bay. Really love it there. It’s a little more south on the lake but the no wake zone into the marina really keeps it quiet and the Fish Tales restaurant is great! Plus they offer their members gas at cost. It ends up being cheaper than local gas stations.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Is this the Ride Now dealer? Those prices make me think so.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Oafy44 Chatuge sounds nice and less crowded than Lanier. I almost won’t go out on weekends and luckily can usually go during the week. I’m new to letting other folks work on my boat so I can’t help you. I just know the crew at Port Royale is great.
@DaytonFlyer1068 Fish Tales is easily best restaurant on Lanier. We also frequent Pelican Pete so it’s not such a long run home in the dark. Sunsets from Flowery branch bay on the way back from Fishtales are a fave tho.
Cheers
Randy
IMG_2086.jpeg

Oafy44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Oafy44 Chatuge sounds nice and less crowded than Lanier. I almost won’t go out on weekends and luckily can usually go during the week. I’m new to letting other folks work on my boat so I can’t help you. I just know the crew at Port Royale is great.
@DaytonFlyer1068 Fish Tales is easily best restaurant on Lanier. We also frequent Pelican Pete so it’s not such a long run home in the dark. Sunsets from Flowery branch bay on the way back from Fishtales are a fave tho.
Cheers
Randy
View attachment 215881

We live in marietta so we just fly up 575/515 and make 2 left turns and we are there in 2 hours. The business day is 4th and Labor Day and still enough room to tube. But just like everything more and more people are living/working remotely so populations are growing while lakes stay the same size. I’ve been on Lanier several times and like it. We were looking at Oconne for a year but kept coming back to Chatuge. The only downfall is Chatuge drops about 7 feet fall/winter but with kids sports it isn’t an issue and it’s nice to escape somewhere cooler in the summer from Atlanta. And it’s not too shabby in winter when it’s cold that the lake house turns sort of into a mountain house.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
First time poster - just bought a 2023 255xd from park marina in Kennesaw,Ga. last week with 10 hours on it - Yamaha has corporate offices down the street so they get a new boat every year and then use park marina to sell the previous one off.

Overall park marina was really good. Didn’t push you to buy anything I hate it when people try to sell me something ….but I actually had to go out of my way a “tad” to show them I was serious by walking in the store and meeting with my salesperson. They were also the lowest price from what I could see on boat trader across the country even before I offered them a price. Doc fee was $499. Because it was “used” I had no dealer prep or freight because it was low hours I was also able to get the Y.E.S. Warranty for 4 years for $2750.

They do have a couple 23’ 252 with 13 hours on them - my guess from other Yamaha employees. Have you thought about getting the $2750 - 4 year warranty and saving $$ vs new ? Mine was so new it still had some items on the boat still not been taken out of packaging.

Getting my orientation on the boat tomorrow actually and I appreciate this forum for all your advice. Because of how my dock is/water level is thru the year- it was between the sea doo switch and the Yamaha 255x after 3 months of researching. Yes I know - one is basically half the price as the other but as some wise people said on this forum “buy your second boat first “.
We keep our boat at Port Royale on Lanier, happy to meet up if you need help or have questions.