• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Freight & Setup

CCamp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What everybody pay for "Freight & Setup"? I think this dealer is inflating a few things too. Looks like the list price is inflated AND he's charging me for the "canvas" which I was under the impression was included...at least is was on Yamaha's site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure what "canvas" means. If it's a trailering cover, I would think he's way overpriced. Not sure about shipping, that might depend on how far west you live.

CCamp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ha! The dealer is on the east coast and the mooring cover, I was under the impression, came with the boat. Not to mention he's inflated the list price by $1,350.00.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What's the discount? Seems like they added inflated prices then gave it back to you in a discount to make you feel good.

Time to phone a friend! Call the nearest dealer with the same boat and negotiate a deal over the phone. You'll get to the bottom pretty quick after you get them bidding against each other. Oh, and don't let it bother you if the nearest dealer is hundreds of miles away.......you only need his best price to educate yourself and work your dealer a little to get a fair price.

CCamp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What's the discount? Seems like they added inflated prices then gave it back to you in a discount to make you feel good.

Time to phone a friend! Call the nearest dealer with the same boat and negotiate a deal over the phone. You'll get to the bottom pretty quick after you get them bidding against each other. Oh, and don't let it bother you if the nearest dealer is hundreds of miles away.......you only need his best price to educate yourself and work your dealer a little to get a fair price.
Completely agree. I've bought and sold enough cars in this lifetime to know this dealer is full of crap. Not only that but he's going to make good money on the trade. This is a dead deal as far as I'm concerned.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CCamp Trade-in aside, you should be able to get that boat for about MSRP of 66k with factory "canvas". Of course it depends where you are, too.
Did you inquire about an extended warranty? I'm told the best discounts are through the end of month.
I'm in St. Louis, MO, in the process of purchasing an AR240 with premium cover, extended warranty, tax, and reg - all for a bit below MSRP.

CCamp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What are you trading?
I'm trading in a 2006 Yamaha Roadliner S with 2,600 miles on it. They are a motorcycle dealer too so he will make good money on the trade as well.

CCamp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@CCamp Trade-in aside, you should be able to get that boat for about MSRP of 66k with factory "canvas". Of course it depends where you are, too.
Did you inquire about an extended warranty? I'm told the best discounts are through the end of month.
I'm in St. Louis, MO, in the process of purchasing an AR240 with premium cover, extended warranty, tax, and reg - all for a bit below MSRP.
@swatski We haven't even gotten to the extended warranty yet. This was an initial reach out to a dealer that my brother bought his boat from about 6 years ago. He said that they were super accommodating but a bit on the pricey side. Truth of the matter is, they are 2 hours from me in a different state all together. I have a dealer no more than 15 minutes from me but they don't have the model I am looking for in stock and I'm not sure they will take the trade. Looks like I'm going to hit the Atlantic City boat show next year for a great deal or just wait out my dealer for inventory. This guy is nuts.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The shipping cover is supposed to be included with the boat. My dealer provided me the premium cover ($900) at no cost plus the anchor and a couple of other small items. I chose the 0% financing for 12 month option and that included a 4 year warranty. My total drive out, with no trade, TTL was about $74K

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski We haven't even gotten to the extended warranty yet. This was an initial reach out to a dealer that my brother bought his boat from about 6 years ago. He said that they were super accommodating but a bit on the pricey side. Truth of the matter is, they are 2 hours from me in a different state all together. I have a dealer no more than 15 minutes from me but they don't have the model I am looking for in stock and I'm not sure they will take the trade. Looks like I'm going to hit the Atlantic City boat show next year for a great deal or just wait out my dealer for inventory. This guy is nuts.
I don't know. I guess it also depends how much you want to avoid the hassle of selling your trade private. Assuming the quote above was the dealer's opening salvo, I wouldn't necessarily close that door. @Murf'n'surf knows best, and you could be surprised either way.

My gut feeling is these boats are not going to get much less expensive any time soon. That's why I'm pulling the trigger. Who knows...

Steve20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recently found this website and just purchased a new 2016 242 Limited S for $57,395 with trailer that I am picking up Thursday. However, no extras were included. i.e. premium cover, anchor and whatever items may be included from other dealers. I feel like I got a good deal on the boat from what I am hearing from others so don't mind paying for the extras at this time. I am new to the jet boating scene since purchasing a 2009 AR210 last Labor Day and enjoyed it so much this summer we decided to step up to a bigger one. Love the information available on this forum and can't wait to get on the water with the new boat.