• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Front ladder solution

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Was wondering if there is some rope ladder or a simple solution that can be used on the front. My kids like to jump off the front but it’s difficult to climb back up. They can swim to the back but then they’re dripping all over as they come back to the front.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My 2 cents: It's a boat ...it's meant to get wet, it will dry... other than that, get a bigger model with an integrated front ladder?

Rope ladders are very difficult to use when they don't follow a vertical surface (ie: side of a ship). On a bow, there would not be any lateral support for the climber, their feet would just slip underneath towards the centerline of the hull. What would you attach it to inside the boat?

You local chandlery may have one of these, but I don't know how will it will work. They are designed for a side or transom with enough vertical freeboard to rest the 2 foldable legs. Your bow probably doesn't have enough vertical surface for this, but maybe just ahead of the windshied?

1593811581498.png

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I’m not sure how well this would work: (or if the link will work, I have difficulty with these things)

But for $20 might be worth a shot.

then there are ladders like this
8C9CEA6B-BA34-49E3-8426-699408A9D3C2.png
that have the support that will rest against the V of the hull but would need serious modifications at the top.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My 2 cents: It's a boat ...it's meant to get wet, it will dry... other than that, get a bigger model with an integrated front ladder?
Yes the boat is meant to get wet but some people -- like their mother -- think they are not supposed to get wet when on a boat unless it's on their own terms. 😄

I’m not sure how well this would work: (or if the link will work, I have difficulty with these things)
That might do it. Just put it on the cleat and be done. Thanks.

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I have a 2003 Bayliner Bowrider 175 IO and this Hoffen ladder is the perfect replacement. I purchased this and removed my original ladder last year. After one year, rough weather, forgetting to put it up one time, and all sorts of people sizes I can say it is sturdy well build shoes zero signs of rust or wear. I am close to 180 lb and can stand on the ladder on land, bounce robustly and it feels very sturdy. Unless the finish and performance fail in the water, I have found this ladder to be well built and a very good solution to my needs. :)

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you just need a longer ladder or is the hard part of using the stock ladder climbing into the boat once they are at the top of the ladder/no place to grab on to? If the latter consider adding grab rails to the sides of the ladder compartment door.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you just need a longer ladder or is the hard part of using the stock ladder climbing into the boat once they are at the top of the ladder/no place to grab on to? If the latter consider adding grab rails to the sides of the ladder compartment door.
Ya, I didn't understand this. The bow ladder is difficult in deep water, but a rope ladder would be way harder. I'm missing the ask here.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ya, I didn't understand this. The bow ladder is difficult in deep water, but a rope ladder would be way harder. I'm missing the ask here.
If you're talking to the OP, the issue is that there is no bow ladder on the 19 footers.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you're talking to the OP, the issue is that there is no bow ladder on the 19 footers.
Well, that would make complete sense for the misunderstanding then. Sorry about that.

Well, take it from anyone with a bow ladder, don't waste your money. Unless you just want to give the kids a challenge, as climbing a rope ladder and then trying to swing a leg over, that would be fun to watch, let alone try.

Good luck,

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a rope ladder for another boat, they suck. The first challenge is how to mount it even temporarily to the boat. Using a single cleat doesn’t work, or at least it didn’t for me, so I had to modify the top end so that the ladder would hang evenly and securely from a single cleat. Even after I modified the ladder hardly anyone who tried could use it successfully for the reasons stated above. Maybe a J shaped ladder would meet your needs but it would have to be deployed and stowed constantly and you may need to drill some mounting holes on the anchor locker lid to keep such a ladder in place of hen in use.