• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 190 Anchor locker hinge screws ripped out.

Matt Wetzel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hey need a little help. Took a wake without the anchor being secured in the anchor locker so when I took the wake, it jumped up, impacted the hatch and stripped out two of the hinge screws inside the locker.

I have the screws, they are similar to sheet metal screws but there was a backing on them that got “lost”. Anyone have a solution to resecuring the screws?

I had thought of a piece of aluminum plating behind the fiberglass but that is just a thought.

Opinions are welcome.

Thanks.
Matt

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine was repaired under warranty.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Assuming there is access inside the anchor locker why not drill out the holes and install pan head bolts. Place large stainless fender washer as backers plates and bolt it down.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Large washers or aluminum backer sounds quite adequate. I would stay away from the self tapping screws if you have access to both sides. Nuts hold much better.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Assuming there is access inside the anchor locker why not drill out the holes and install pan head bolts. Place large stainless fender washer as backers plates and bolt it down.
Mine were torn out as well, and I used a longer bolt with a washer/nut on the back. Use stainless if you can find them--try Home Depot.

-Greg

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Same here. First time off shore in swells the anchor hatch was flopping around on 1 hinge. Thru bolted with stainless nylocks. Aint moved since.