• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 190 Sport

chaseingpucks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve been doing all my research on Yamaha boats and constantly am torn on whether or not I’d rather have an SX190 bow rider or the FSH Sport and I wanna hear from y’all that own the center consoles on how those boats really are for things other than fishing. We do a whole lot of cruising around and anchoring out at sandbars and I would definitely do some fishing if I had the center console but that would be the least of what I did. I understand that doesn’t make sense but if this model is the best all around boat and still makes a good cruising boat that’s comfortable to carry 4-6 people around then I’d like to look more into getting it. What are your thoughts?

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In my opinion you would have to go with the 210 if you wanted to use the center console as more of a pleasure boat. I love my 195 but it isn't suited for more than 4 people in my opinion. I went with the 195 because of the bigger engine than the 210. I will upgrade to a 210 or 255 once they are more available. If I ordered a 210 it never would have come in so I am glad I bought the 195.

We are down in the southern outer banks now (emerald isle / atlantic beach) and have been offshore and running the intercoastal for the last two weeks. It has been great. It just doesn't have enough room to lounge and hang out at a sand bar etc... I will post some pictures shortly of some of our excursions and fishing for spanish mackerel

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have 190 fsh sport and its perfect for 3 adults fishing or lounging at the sandbar. If planning on more guest, go with 210. You can also pick a destination sandbar, have 6 people on 19' boat and relax on sandbar, but you cant chill with more than 3 in the boat, it gets too crowded. It's just my personal opinion.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Agreed with the other. I owned a 190 a couple years ago. 3 to 4 was max although I've had 6 before. I now own a 210 and we had 6 on the boat last weekend with no issues and still room to move around

BigBlueJeep

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have 190 FSH and overall glad I went with center console. I have neighbors with bow riders so have experience with both and I have come across a few cases where it's better not to have t-top:
- Parking in garage is easier - I still take down the tower and I can go it now in 10-15 min
- Low bridges, there's a launch close by that I can't use because of that - Plenty of of other launches though
- High and dry storage is more expensive and more limited - I looked into it but rather keep on the trailer, especially covered in garage.

Pluses vs bowriders- way more storage in the helm, very open and lots of space for it's size, can add storage and accessories to t-top, better fishing and moving around, seems easier to clear and detail, I'm told it holds value better.

Overall, glad I went CC

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
does anyone know if the bowriders have the self-draining hull like the cc. We were going out the bogue inlet, nc this morning and took a couple of waves/swells over the bow and I was amazed at how quickly the water drained.