• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 190 trolling motor/fish finder setup

gkallevig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Sharing my current setup. Right now I'm running a 12 inch lowrance ti2. I was going to flush mount it, and might have had the space, but ended up liking it up higher once I put it there 'temporarily'.
My trolling motor setup is a 54" motorguide XI3 55lb thrust. I have a lithium 100ah battery that is doing duty as house and trolling motor battery. So far it's worked great. Max speed on calm water is about 2.5 mph.
When it comes to tracking, at least in calm water, my 190's back end swings all over the place. I also have thrust vectors installed. Just part of the jet boat experience I guess.

Attachments

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How do you make out with the 54"? I have a 2021 FSH 195, I want to put a Trolling motor. I've been looking at 60" which is more $. I don't see me using it salt water so the price becomes a lot more reasonable for a freshwater 54".

Thanks,

Tom

gkallevig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
How do you make out with the 54"? I have a 2021 FSH 195, I want to put a Trolling motor. I've been looking at 60" which is more $. I don't see me using it salt water so the price becomes a lot more reasonable for a freshwater 54".

Thanks,

Tom
My 54" has worked fine for me so far. It would take a decent chop to make it breach the surface. I'm sure the 210 guys need the longer length, but for us 190ers the 54" works for inland fishing.

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Awesome :) Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Tom

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 60" which is more than enough for my FSH190.

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
gkallevig,

How did you run the wires to the Lowrance? The big advantage that I see with using a Scotty or Ram mount is that replacing or upgrading the electronic becomes a lot less complicated, The advantage that I see to a flush mount is that it looks sharp.

Thanks,

Tom

gkallevig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
gkallevig,

How did you run the wires to the Lowrance? The big advantage that I see with using a Scotty or Ram mount is that replacing or upgrading the electronic becomes a lot less complicated, The advantage that I see to a flush mount is that it looks sharp.

Thanks,

Tom
I cut a hole in the console at the very bottom of the windshield, put wires through, then put windshield back on so it hides everything. power wires went to the fuse block under the console. transducer wire just got routed any old way through the center of the boat, and eventually tying into the drain pipe for the livewell. The flush mount does look better, but its nice to view the screen up high.

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your fish finder mounting has had my obsessive mind working. I really like my kayak FF(Hook2). By re-purposing the cup holder, the only drilling that I'll need is for the wires. I'm trying to resist the urge to drill into a new boat. $90 for the transducer and $20 for the power cable and I'd be done.

Attachments

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yes our boats are ass happy as hell running on the trolling motor. Just about any wind from the rear and your constantly doing course corrections. It used to piss me off but now Im just happy to be out there and have the shallow water advantage.