• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 210 T-Top weight? (1 person removal?)

Mursenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone know what the 210 T-Top weight is? Also, can it be removed by 1 person?

I have a SX192 that I just listed for sale, and am going to get a 210 Sport after it is sold.

I will have to go under a low bridge on the way out to the intercoastal, and the top will not clear. I'm wondering if it is possible/practical to take the top down to get the boat in and out.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hate to say it but you may want to go with the deluxe model with the bimini top. I don't think your going to be able to raise and lower that top in the water. However there are aftermarket t tops that you maybe able to do such a thing.

Mursenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have seen one of those aftermarket T-Tops.... ugh... not nearly as nice as the factory ones, and I've read reports of drag when cruising. If a 1 person removal, and reassemble, each outing of the upper section is not possible/practical due to weight, does anyone think there may be a way to simply hinge the upper section of the top? Then remove the 4 screws, and maybe tip it forward so it would be a few feet lower?

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know Cycle Springs, in Florida(?), make a custom folding T-Top for the 190, that is only sold with the boat from them. Perhaps they might be offering one for the 210 sometime?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It would be a pain in the ass to lower that top. Not just by yourself. Just in general. Perhaps a mod that would allow a quick release and forward fold? That seems feasible.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone know the cost of the unit from Cycle Springs?? Great setup!

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was thinking about this too, as we sometimes go in to a chain of lakes around our area that has low bridges. The other day we tried to squeeze through on the 210 and had, no joke, about 2 in of clearance. Not a very comforting feeling on the first run of the new boat. Really like the functionality aspect of t-top on the salt water series from Cycle Springs but TBH I like the style of the factory top better. This got me brainstorming of ways to easily bring down the factory top.

One idea would be to have a metal shop fabricate/weld a pivot point on the lower connection point (the first point, near the top of the console, not at the floor) at the front of the t-top. This would allow you to retain the factory mounting points when up (maybe swap to knobs vs bolts) but easily removing the bolts to fold the top forward when space is needed. Doesn't the 190 FSH t-top work somewhat like this? I however will be holding off on that for now as I just can't bear the thought of welding on a brand new boat. Having a hard enough time to get over cutting a hole in the dash to flush mount the GPS :(

Saylor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The company that make puts the saltwater top on the cycle springs boats is called quality tops and boat accessories. It’s a really nice top. Call them and ask for grant. I just bought a 210 FSH sport that I am picking up next week. If anyone is interested in a brand new factory T-top and the cover for the t-top 210 FSH, let me know. I am seriously considering an after market top.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We have a couple real low bridges that would not allow me to go under with the T top. Thus is why we went with the deluxe model. However I love the look of the t-top, it really changes the look of the boat.

Jason A. Bolt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I took the T-Top off yesterday and the top weighs 56 pounds. I also removed the vertical bars in order to put it in the garage and the two of them together weigh approximately 32 pounds. Definitely a two man job!