• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH ice chest under helm seat

hellonearth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Has anyone found a replacement cooler that fits well under the helm chair?

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
no, that space is so small that any decent brand (Yeti or similar) cooler would have to be really small to fit...especially if you SeaDek that area. I'm thinking of building a custom tackle box out of StarBoard to put in that area. Probably get a Yeti 45 for drinks/food/casting platform.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is an igloo model sold at Walmart that is the same size as the stock cooler.
Not an upgrade though.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was just thinking the same thing! I'm looking for something i can also mount up front and pull double duty as an elevated casting platform. Pushing 250 lbs now there is no way the stock chest would survive. I was hoping someone found a better replacement?

FisherMcree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought about putting starboard under the seat mounts to elevate it and allow for my Yeti. Haven't measured real accurately yet to see if that would work or not.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a Yeti 45...Just missed fitting under seat by a half inch...I am having 2 aluminum risers cut and drilled to raise the seat a little over a half inch

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I am converting my under seat into a storage bin with drawers. My Pelican 45 fits perfect behind the seat or up front if I need a casting platform.

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought about putting starboard under the seat mounts to elevate it and allow for my Yeti. Haven't measured real accurately yet to see if that would work or not.
1” spacer worked perfectly on mine.

WBeads

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check with Jet Boat Pilot. I believe he has spacers to raise the helm seat to fit a Yeti.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Glantrex 40 Qt. From Amazon works awesome hold ice for days, you can stand on it at 250lbs edges anyway. And was about $120 great deal I have had about a year. I leave at a slight angle, the rubber feet come off with a Phillips to lower it a bit for sea deck under it.

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am converting my under seat into a storage bin with drawers. My Pelican 45 fits perfect behind the seat or up front if I need a casting platform.
Curious about progress on your under helm storage w/ drawers concept. Any pics?