• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel/Air Separator

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ISLANDRACING I hope you can help comment on this and I posted over at your site

I read that there is a lot of benefit to having a fuel/air separator on the older 2 cycle jets. I have an LS 2000 and I am thinking about installing this for this upcoming season. I like the fact that it sounds like this can include an electric fuel pump which would help me with the dry starts.

1) Is this necessary and/or a good idea?
2) how easy is this to install? I don't have to take off carb racks, do I?

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It's a great idea!
my exciter started right up all the time but even in the winter I started it once every 2 weeks. If it sits much more than that, it helps prime everything up to running right away.
Especially if you are running premix you want it! Premix means you aren't oiling things up until you get fuel! That means you want fuel/oil in there ASAP.

It installs in the fuel lines typically, not onto the carbs. I will say, however that very well tuned carbs make a huge difference on these things.

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I just installed an air fuel separator on my 03' LX210 that BruceW was kind enough to give me an amazing deal on. I installed it in about 2 hours. It is installed before the carbs and no adjustments need to be made to the carbs. The boat started better than ever. Once the fuel pump stops clicking it is ready to start. I couldn't believe how good it worked. I took it out on Sunday to test it on the water and man oh man I can't believe the difference!!! This is my second 03' LX210 and these boats really MUST have this kit to run good IMO. The boat performed flawlessly! No more bogging or stalling over other boaters wakes and no more bogging after sharp turns! Just RUNS!!! When you're ready to start it starts immediately!! I couldn't be happier with this kit, seems to have fixed all my problems and I would strongly recommend it to anyone with the older 2 stroke engines.

AntonRuss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I just installed an air fuel separator on my 03' LX210 that BruceW was kind enough to give me an amazing deal on. I installed it in about 2 hours. It is installed before the carbs and no adjustments need to be made to the carbs. The boat started better than ever. Once the fuel pump stops clicking it is ready to start. I couldn't believe how good it worked. I took it out on Sunday to test it on the water and man oh man I can't believe the difference!!! This is my second 03' LX210 and these boats really MUST have this kit to run good IMO. The boat performed flawlessly! No more bogging or stalling over other boaters wakes and no more bogging after sharp turns! Just RUNS!!! When you're ready to start it starts immediately!! I couldn't be happier with this kit, seems to have fixed all my problems and I would strongly recommend it to anyone with the older 2 stroke engines.
Hello. From where did you get that kit?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hello. From where did you get that kit?
Islandracing.net sells a kit.

Though there have been a few posts in the last few years about making one up without the kit.