• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel economy

Greg larose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Trying to decide on which model is best suited for me does anyone have a fuel range for sx 192 2015 and there opinions on the boat

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have a reason to want a 19 foot Yamaha? If not I would look for a larger model. The 190 series is exceptionally capable for its size. But many owners upgrade to a larger Yamaha after a year or two. Many members would advise you to buy your second boat first.

The 190 is the most efficient boat in the current lineup and the 192 is the least.

Here is some info on fuel consumption from the Preparing For Bimini thread.

Assuming that a 192 burns 1.3 times the fuel that a 212X does it would have burned 46 gallons.
Assuming that a LX210 burns 2.36 times the fuel that a 212X does it would have burned 82.6 gallons.
Assuming that a 190 burns 0.79 times the fuel that a 212X does it would have burned 29.05 gallons.
Assuming that a Non HO SX230 burns 1.38 times the fuel that a 212X does it would have burned 48.3 gallons.

Newer twin engine 210 (3.98 @ 31.1 w MR1s), 212 (3.19 @ 27.2 with 1.8s), 230HO(3.41 @ 28), 240 (3.25 @ 31.7) and 242 (3.25 @ 27.5), models have similar fuel consumption to Upperdeck's 35 gallon consumption. Owners of these boats may want to carry extra fuel.

Greg larose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was considering the 210 but with the twin engines does it mean double the maintenance cost ?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was considering the 210 but with the twin engines does it mean double the maintenance cost ?
Not necessarily. . . . . . the maintenance cost will increase slightly, but there is more to maintenance costs than JUST the engines. As for having the second engine, just remember 2 is one and 1 is none.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It means two oil changes and two sets of spark plugs every year. Did mine last night used Mobil One, K&N filters and NGK plugs. Total cost was around $95. Yamaha boats are very low maintenance.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can tell you I had a beautiful Glacier Bay Catamaran. Was going to be our last powerboat till retirement.

We do NOT live in a HOA...specifically bought SFH off main road cause we wanted to put our boat on driveway...covered of course.

Worked for about a year till the neighbor put their house on the market. The selling agent reported us to the city and we were forced to store our boat 30 minutes away AND at a cost of $150 a month. Now, we were told boats on trailers were allowed...and there are literally 10-20 in our neighborhood. The inspector told me it is a rule they overlook...until someone complains.

So, about a year later...a guy in Hawaii wanted our boat ... CASH. We decided we wanted a boat to fit in garage. My wife decided she wanted the better appointed AR192. Even though it burns almost TWICE the fuel of a AR190/SX190.

We love the 192...fits our needs.

Gthunter5

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 190 And this is the 3rd season. We have never felt constrained. 6 people on the boat is fine. 8 is crowded (unless it's 2 extra girls) but I don't know that many folks...

We bought the 190 so it would fit in the garage. Next season we bought a place on the lake so storage is not an issue anymore.

So now Of course I want bigger and double the HP but I bought a new center console this year and both my boats together cost the same as the ski boat i would rather have

Don't forget to check out chaparral and scarab

PS this isn't a car. I wouldn't worry about fuel economy or maintenance cost

Last edited:

Greg larose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 190 And this is the 3rd season. We have never felt constrained. 6 people on the boat is fine. 8 is crowded but I don't know that many folks...

Of course I want bigger and double the HP but I also have a new center console and both my boats together cost the same as the ski boat i would rather have

Don't forget to check out chaparral and scarab
I would like to stick with the Yamaha brand bc of their easy clean out on the platform if something were to get stuck in the pump as far as I know that is an exclusive Yamaha option please anyone correct me if I'm wrong

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm almost too new to add much here. Last week I got a 2014 ar190. We've used it everyday. 2 small boys, 2 teens, 3 adults. Tubing, wakeboarding, and just burning gas around the lake, either my gas gauge float is broken, stuck or this thing is awesome on gas because it barely moving toward the E from the F. We love it, but the guy we bought it from used it 1/2 of last year and decided he needs a larger boat. I hear this happens alot.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should really "sit" in a couple of different models to get a feel for the space. Other than that, if you do decide for a 19ft, I recommend the 190 over the 192. the tiny little extra bump in hp is likely not worth what you lose in consumption. f you are the type of person that just zips around the lake for a couple hours then either is fine, but if you plan on say a trip upriver then the 192 can limit your trip due to short range.
My normal use for 2-3 h on the lake is about 10 gallons. so no issue there, but out of that only about 15mns is all out, with about 1/3 at cruise (30 mph) and the rest at slow speeds.
Think about what you will do 90% of the time, and the other 10 you will have to worry about it later.
Good luck.

Greg larose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should really "sit" in a couple of different models to get a feel for the space. Other than that, if you do decide for a 19ft, I recommend the 190 over the 192. the tiny little extra bump in hp is likely not worth what you lose in consumption. f you are the type of person that just zips around the lake for a couple hours then either is fine, but if you plan on say a trip upriver then the 192 can limit your trip due to short range.
My normal use for 2-3 h on the lake is about 10 gallons. so no issue there, but out of that only about 15mns is all out, with about 1/3 at cruise (30 mph) and the rest at slow speeds.
Think about what you will do 90% of the time, and the other 10 you will have to worry about it later.
Good luck.
Been looking at 210 all day now and can't decide between the 192 and 210

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I bought a 192 because of ease of trailering. Just didn't feel comfortable with added width and overall size of 21 feet. Kinda wish I had bought the 212x now. I love my 192 but would like the extra power and room of 21 footer. Haven't told wife yet.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a 192 because of ease of trailering. Just didn't feel comfortable with added width and overall size of 21 feet. Kinda wish I had bought the 212x now. I love my 192 but would like the extra power and room of 21 footer. Haven't told wife yet.
You know what they say. . . . .buy your second boat first.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You know what they say. . . . .buy your second boat first.
Lol, I thought I was doing that when I bought a 25 ft sea ray. That didn't work out so well.
so now I downsized and I am definitely happier, but maybe I should have been somewhere in the middle. Something like a 212 or similar. but that's me... everyone has dif needs.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love having my boat in the garage..ready at a MINUTES notice :)

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I just purchased a SX192. This is the way I look at it. Your average boat on the lake runs low to mid 40's. If I can't accelerate and pass an average boat, then I'm stuck behind them. The lake I frequent is narrow in spots and it is impossible to pass if you can't do it quickly.

Another thing to look at is the top speed the 192 is seeing. The reviews are saying 50mph, but there are a lot of 192's out there that are not even close to that. Mine wouldn't run over 44mph after warming up.

With that said, I do most of my cruising at 30mph to save fuel. You would have to be out of your mind to hold the SHO at full throttle for long anyway. You might as well throw dollar bills out the back. I held it wide open for a few miles last Sunday and my wife was making the "make it rain" motion at me.

Last edited:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been looking at 210 all day now and can't decide between the 192 and 210
I would look for a 212x or 212ss. They have HO motors but don't suck down gas like a 192. The 210 is awesome space wise but it gets bogged down when loaded up. I upgraded from an 08 210 for several reasons, one of which was the bigger motors.

Greg larose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The only part that makes me lean to the 200 class is the fuel range is a lot longer I live in nj plan to go out and do a few hudson trips and decent runsrounds in the bay's and canals down the shore I'm worried the 190 series that I'll have to stop for fuel