• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel experiment

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg A guy in my town went around to several stations and filled a jar with gas, he posted a pic of the jars on the local classified FaceBook page and said he was doing an "experiment".
The comments are blowing up with aparant "gas experts" saying the clear gas is the best because it will burn cleaner or the darker gas is best because it has additives.

It is pretty humorous, I would post a link to it here but you have to be a member of the page to see it.

The difference in clarity is kinda interesting.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
View attachment 29484 A guy in my town went around to several stations and filled a jar with gas, he posted a pic of the jars on the local classified FaceBook page and said he was doing an "experiment".
The comments are blowing up with aparant "gas experts" saying the clear gas is the best because it will burn cleaner or the darker gas is best because it has additives.

It is pretty humorous, I would post a link to it here but you have to be a member of the page to see it.

The difference in clarity is kinda interesting.
Wow, That's interesting. Any real fuel experts here. He should do an ethanol test on all of them to see if the levels vary widely. I assume they are all e10 but if they weren't, I'd assume the clearer it is, the more ethanol. But I'm sure the additives play a role too.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One guy that was commenting actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about, said he worked for a fuel company testing fuel, said the clearness doesn't mean one is better or cleaner, the older the gas gets the darker it will be, and company's use different additives so that affects the color...pretty much told the guy that posted the pic he was stupid for wasting his time and the jars will probably burst in a day or so, if he has them sealed tightly, and get gas all over his garage or where ever he is storing them:)

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So what was the goal of the experiment?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So what was the goal of the experiment?
I don't know, he never explained (pretty sure he didn't know exactly what he was doing). It seemed to me that he was hoping to stir up some controversy.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think he mixed up the one on the right with his Moonshine sampling. ;)

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I work for a company that sells gas commercially and retail. Color means nothing. Sometimes it's dyed to differentiate batches or suppliers, but most of the time it's just based on the amount and kind of additives.