• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel Filter?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2001 LS2000 with aftermarket Fuel/Water separators installed by the previous owner. I do not see any fuel filters and I planned to replace them today. Does anyone know whether the fuel/water separator filter also acts as the fuel filter or do you know where my fuel filters would be in a 2001???

He could have cut them out when he installed the fuel/water filters since I see where the hose was cut before the filter.

Thank you

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pictures might help on that LS..... It's been 10 years since we owned one and a little refresher would be nice to see....

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately a picture will not help since you will see fuel lines without any fuel filter. The question comes down to whether you would have a fuel filter when you have a fuel/water separator. I think someone may confirm that the fuel/water filter serves double duty. Filters the fuel and extracts the water

I will take a picture tomorrow if no one has any other ideas. Thank you

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
image.jpg My 01 LS the filters are on the port side, cable tied to the tin divider... Hope this helps.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JC6275, No, I do not have anything in line of the fuel lines between the hull wall and the fuel/water separator filters. I really think the fuel/water separator functions as my fuel filter in this case. Does anyone have a fuel/water separator and if so, are you still using an additional fuel filter?

I did install primer bulbs yesterday so once I put the jets back in, I will see if this helps with the cold starts.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I agree with @4x15mph I would think the separators act as the filters.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is something I think everyone would be interested in since even if you have a newer boat, it would make sense to install fuel/water filter separators given the ethanol that is in the gas.

I pulled my gas tank cover to verify that there were no fuel filters under there and there are not. It was nice to have it open and it led me to clean this up. I also bought new screws to put this back together so it will be as good as new when I am done. New gaskets, etc. It is coming along nice

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Island Racing confirmed that the Sierra Fuel/Water Filter separator takes the place of an in-line fuel filter.