• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel Gauge on 190

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys,

Came across an interesting one yesterday while out and was wondering if you had some thoughts on it.

After launching my boat I saw that my fuel gauge was reading at 1/4 tank. No big deal, I'll go to the gas dock and put some in.

They filled it up to the point that it couldn't take anymore gas (it started to come out of the boat), so it was quite full. Start the engine up and it reads full. Great.

But, then as soon as we started underway the gas level immediately dropped to half and remained there. It eventually dropped to 1/4 full again after a little bit of cruising around.

Do you guys have any idea what could be causing the discrepancy here? I was doing some searching on here, but can't really find anything. Hoping you might have some insight.

Thanks!

Quick edit: I just went out and bumped the starter to get the gauge to come on, and my fuel is reading just shy of full now (on trailer). I'm at a loss on this one. I wish I could say if I noticed an issue before I added the second battery and ACR/switch, but I guess I didn't pay that close of attention to it. Could this be causing any issues with a fuel gauge?

And now I just noticed that my less than a year Noco GenM2 charger only has one bank illuminating vs. the two that it had before. Happy Monday.

Last edited:
Back