• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel Pump 2010 212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hello, new to this forum so any help is greatly appreciated. We have a 2010 212x and I have been having issues with the starboard engine of late. It acts like it is about to crank but will not completely turn. The port side is working just fine. I did spray some carburetor fluid directly into the engine and it would start briefly until that wore off. I then pulled the hose from the engine (starboard side) and nothing came out. I did the same thing on the other side that is working and I could see fuel coming out quickly. It seems that it is a fuel pump issue. Are these difficult to replace? I am not very savvy on boat repairs but I am willing to learn if it something that is relatively routine to do. Also, do you have a preferred company to use when replacing parts like a fuel pump.

Again, thanks for any advice/thoughts. Happy boating to you all!

CK

I think the most difficult part is removing the floor to access the fuel pump/fuel tank. If you haven’t ever pulled the floor up the stainless steel bolts can be a bear to remove so take your time not to snap them off. You’ll need a #4 Robertson(?) bit to remove the bolts. I have the same boat and I had to remove the floor to repair a soft spot. Good Luck!

Hey, thanks so much for the tip. Seems like I have heard pulling up the floor can be tough. Hopefully this is the last repair this summer.
Thanks again!

As far as replacing the pump itself it doesn’t seem to bad once the floor is out.

Back