• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Full Fusion System Question on Setup

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello to the brave souls that clicked on this thread! I bought some fusion goodies and am currently in the process of installing everything. Very green when it comes to stereo equipment but I'm doing my best to learn as I go. Wanted to ask the speaker guru's to see if what I'm doing will work and if it's a good idea in general. Everything below is made by Fusion. Here we go:

• Head unit - MS-RA210
    • dual zone + sub
  • Amp - Apollo 8 port
    • 150 watts RMS x 8 @ 4 ohm
    • 290 watts RMS x 8 @ 2 ohm
  • Speakers - Signature Series 3
    • 4 pairs of 6.5's
    • 2 pairs of 8.8's
    • 1 12" subwoofer
There are 4 zones on the amp. Channel 1 & 2 to zone 1, channel 2 & 3 to zone 2, etc....

My plan is to run all four pairs of 6.5's to channels 1-4 in parallel. The 2 pairs of 8.8's to channel 5-6 and bridge channel 7 & 8 to go the sub. My plan would be to run the 6.5's and sub in zone 1 (inside the boat) and the 8.8's (rear facing outside of boat) in zone 2.

Now for the question: Since my head unit only has 2 zones, would I do an RCA Y-splitter from zone 1 on my head unit to zone 2 & 3 on the amp, zone 2 on the head unit to zone 3 on the amp and then the sub zone 1 on the head unit to zone 4 on the amp? Then use the app to tune it all with those parameters?

Next will be seeing how much power this system pulls to adequately figure out my battery needs while anchored. Thanks for making it this far, if you're ever my way the first round is on me!

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In general you should be able to do that. One concern would be if the line out signal strength is strong enough to split without becoming too weak. Since the Apollos themselves are software configured it is possible there is not an ability to configure to the scenario correctly. I would ask Garmin/Fusion to see what they say. They could punt and tell you to buy a 670 or 770 that has three line outs. The other option may be to use a non-Apollo amp, Fusion or not, if it is a software limitation.

@adrianp89 what do you think?

PS I have the 210 also with XS speakers and monoblock amp and sub to install this Spring. I don’t need as many speakers as yourself, but would like to have three zones one day as you are doing.

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In general you should be able to do that. One concern would be if the line out signal strength is strong enough to split without becoming too weak. Since the Apollos themselves are software configured it is possible there is not an ability to configure to the scenario correctly. I would ask Garmin/Fusion to see what they say. They could punt and tell you to buy a 670 or 770 that has three line outs. The other option may be to use a non-Apollo amp, Fusion or not, if it is a software limitation.

@adrianp89 what do you think?

PS I have the 210 also with XS speakers and monoblock amp and sub to install this Spring. I don’t need as many speakers as yourself, but would like to have three zones one day as you are doing.
Thanks for the reply. This is actually going on a double decker Tritoon. According to Garmin it will work. Called 2 different times and got 2 different answers. One is to do what I originally planned. The other was to "trick/tell" the software I have a 670 and configure accordingly. Not sure how that second one would work. Both guys suggested going to the 670 though.