• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fun with Driftwood

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well the weather in Phoenix was 86 today so..........played hookie mid day and took her out for some sun. Forgot the pool skimmer and the launch ramp was riddled with Driftwood from the inflow of snowmelt up north. Had that funny feeling I was going to have an interesting day. Got passed the no wake buoy, gave her some throttle, and grrrrrrrrrrrrr. She was not happy. Popped out the clean out ports but could not immediately feel anything stuck. Tried throttle again with no luck. Dug deeper into the clean out port of the Starboard pump and hello driftwood.

Took a deep breath, anchored for a bit, and soaked up some sun. Idled back to the ramp, loaded her up, and took her home. Then discovered a stowaway on top of the jet pump.

Got out the long screw drivers, rubber mallets, pry bar, then found my long wood drill bit for door hardware installations. Crawled under and could better see the piece of driftwood wedged nicely halfway down the impeller blade stuck enough so I could not pry out by hand.

For your viewing pleasure. Be careful out there!

Attachments

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What lake?

I’ve only had that happen really badly once at Canyon.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Pleasant. Harbor Side. Only the North Ramp was open due to a Rockabilly Car Show and Concert. Worst ramp on the lake anyway. I had a gut feeling when I launched and saw the amount of driftwood. Should have gone to the 10 lane ramp like I was originally going to do.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Damn Karma...She needs to take a day off and enjoy, Kinda like what you "tried" to do.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been there and done that, several times, always hoping that I never have that kind of fun again. Now I hope you @ahenderson432 dont either.