• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fusion 770 brief review and overall setup/projects

Josserman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got the Fusion 770 hooked up today and calibrated, but was a bit disappointed to see there was no crossover settings built in. It does have per channel 3 band, and some crossover dsp feature for Zones that have sub’s. The environmental dsp made a significant difference when set to open air. I also finally added the JL M100’s which are just awesome. Used the wiring tips posted in another thread to just reuse existing wire and cut out factory crossovers. Next week I’ll cut the hole for the JL 10” free air sub. One thing I’ll note that I was really happy with, the unit transforms the look of the dash, plus the built in WiFi AP, overall interface, and general user capabilities are amazing. Now my dock mate/buddy is going to get a fusion link radio, connect to my WiFi and we’ll have his boat setup as another zone!

Best news is all this happened while I got my engine back together and figured out my last issue. (Thread in 242 section if interested).

Need to spend more time tuning but want to get the sub installed. For the price the Clarion amps I installed last year are good, but I will say the wiring sucks on them, makes it really hard to do a clean wiring job. I ran 0 gauge knukoncepts to the helm and then used their 2 way splitter. Project probably for next year is to change them to a 3 way and add a little fuse panel for other helm accessories like gps, vhs, etc. Next project is tackling batteries. Deciding between adding a 3rd badass battery like the XS 3100 or replacing current batteries with two others. Just came across the narrow batteries on west marine I’d love to make the port side under seat storage area more usable so much wasted space in there. May also get a battery box to leverage space better and not worry so much. Will also do some sort of tender with the noco extension on outside of boat.

Another potential project on the dock is pulling each sensor and dash switch into a nmea 2000 “gateway” and upgrading to a new garmin where I can do most of my monitoring and switches off a touch screen with the two master/slave gauges off to the side. This is probably going to be a 2020 project though, especially since I want to wait for the garmin I want to drop down in price.

Overall setup

2 x Clarion 2510’s
6 x JL 650’s
2 xM100’s
8” bazooka pasqsive
10” JL mx10ibl

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds nice. Love my Fusion (I don't think it is a 770--check the sig). Do you have pics of your install?

Josserman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds nice. Love my Fusion (I don't think it is a 770--check the sig). Do you have pics of your install?
I was so busy trying to get things done I didn’t take any pics, but I’ll take some when I get back at it this week.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pics or it didn't happen!

(kidding--can't wait to see the install)

Josserman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pics or it didn't happen!

(kidding--can't wait to see the install)

Not mounted yet, but to give you an idea. Just the start of the transformation to come.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! Thanks for the pic!