• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fusion Amps getting HOT

Miller92063

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone else running into this issue?
Im running a 8 channel, only using 6, and a 5 channel with bridged speakers and a sub. The amps are getting so hot I cant keep my hand on them for more than a few seconds. New wiring was ran for all speaker wires so I should have any ground issues.
I did notice a slight ring in one of my tower speakers after the install the other day and need to run that issue down, but dont think its relevant to this issue since its happening to both my amps.
TIA

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It could be just the design on the amp, does it have a heatsink?

My kickers do not have a heat sink, the entire thing acts as one and you cannot touch them. I've had them going full blast for hours with no issues though.

Miller92063

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ran them about 6hrs yesterday to test them and they did fine. Did notice a hum from 2 speakers so I need to track that down now though.