• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GailForce Products...

Ernie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey everybody, I was lucky to get in on the code for a discount on the Gailforce products and bought two Saddle Floats, rope float and a Mattress. Ive only used the two saddle floats twice now and they are starting to split in places. Is this normal for this type of product? Thanks for any input.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've probably used ours at least a half dozen times so far. No visible wear, yet.

I'm fairly gentle with them, but not overly so. Mine still stick together some, so I try to carefully pry them apart before use.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've used mine a lot and bought them during the discount code sale too. Mine are holding up fine so far. I'm also pretty gentle with mine stowing them in/out of the ski locker and they stick together but so far no issues.

Ernie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sent these photos to the company and he said it look like normal wear and tear. Just like you guys Im not very hard on them. I just don't think after using them two times they should look like this but Im not going to make a big deal out of it.

Attachments

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sent these photos to the company and he said it look like normal wear and tear. Just like you guys Im not very hard on them. I just don't think after using them two times they should look like this but Im not going to make a big deal out of it.
I have a dozen. 1/2 are 9 years old and haven't had anything like that. We jump in on them, keep them all in the head compartment, etc. It looks like it scraped something metal to tear the first one and the other perhaps pushed in to storage. Doesn't look like that could happen at all just sitting on it in the water. But I'll admit I'm not impartial.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have had ours for years and are not gentle with them. They are holding up fine.

Ernie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It looks like it scraped something metal to tear the first one and the other perhaps pushed in to storage.
Its possible something could have happened like that without me noticing it until I was cleaning the boat out. That is why I was just curious how others have held up.

Thanks for the input guys.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What compartment are you keeping yours in? Some of the compartment edges on these boats are sharp and I could see cutting something soft if you snagged it by accident.

ENC boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got 2 during promo and I was storing under bow and snagged pulling out and got a small split. Since then moved to head and no issues.