• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

GARMIN–echoMAP UHD 74cv. using in-hull transducer

Brian M

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm about to buy a GARMIN–echoMAP UHD 74cv. Anyone use the in-hull transducer with Garmin. Probably try the same area the stock 1 is in.

so you would remove the depth tranducer for the connext?

i have the same boat as you so I would be interested how it turns out. I don't like the way the transom tranducer looks, so I would think of doing it this way.

I installed a garmin 63cv and used an in-hull transducer...I put it right next to the stock depthfinder. It works really good.

Pics? And what was the transducer model? This will probably be an off-season thing. I’ve already got too much to do before I get it in the water this year.

I used Airmar P79 in-hull transfucer. In fact with Simrad GO5, but hear that work good with Garmin as well. Installed this on the side of OEM. Works perfect.

Pics? And what was the transducer model? This will probably be an off-season thing. I’ve already got too much to do before I get it in the water this year.

I used the garmin GT8HW-IH Chirp Transducer....I thought I took some pictures after I installed it but can't seem to find them. I put it in the flattest spot I could find next to the OEM transducer. Sand down the hull where you put it and sand the transducer and then I used a two part epoxy. I needed an adapter cable to connect this transducer to my 63cv, not sure if you would need one also but may want to call Garmin to confirm which one you need.

Amazon.com: Garmin 010-12401-10 Freshwater GT8HW-IH Chirp Transducer - 250 W, 8-Pin: Automotive

I used the garmin GT8HW-IH Chirp Transducer....I thought I took some pictures after I installed it but can't seem to find them. I put it in the flattest spot I could find next to the OEM transducer. Sand down the hull where you put it and sand the transducer and then I used a two part epoxy. I needed an adapter cable to connect this transducer to my 63cv, not sure if you would need one also but may want to call Garmin to confirm which one you need.

Amazon.com: Garmin 010-12401-10 Freshwater GT8HW-IH Chirp Transducer - 250 W, 8-Pin: Automotive

they say you lose sensitivity with the in-hull transducers but its plenty sensitive for my needs. I can see the bottom at WOT and can see fish pretty good when stopped or going slow. the other negative is the sidevu or more sophisticated modes won't work with the in-hull, just your basic sonar mode.

Did you use a 0 degree mounting ring? I am about to mount an in hull transducer to my 74CV, don’t want to drill through hull.

I'll await correct answer as I'm doing mine this year. I ran mine for breadcrumbs last year but do need to add transducer this year. For some reason I thought it was 15-18? I need to find my notes but it's 0 here with giant northeaster today.

Did you use a 0 degree mounting ring? I am about to mount an in hull transducer to my 74CV, don’t want to drill through hull.
Why not put the regular transducer on the ride plate and run the wire through the transom above the waterline? Others have done this here and it works well, looks clean, and keeps the wiring out of the water.

Why not put the regular transducer on the ride plate and run the wire through the transom above the waterline? Others have done this here and it works well, looks clean, and keeps the wiring out of the water.
I already bought the in hull transducer

Finally got around to mounting and testing it out. Used JB Weld marine to mount 20 degree ring on the angled part of the hull then filled it with mineral oil. I was not able to make it so the arrow was pointing 12 o clock, but its pretty close and seems to work fine. Doing simple things like this makes me feel my age, but its done and works.... Thanks for the suggestions, this forum has some great information available.transducer 3.jpg
transducer 3.jpg

Bumping this old thread, so I recently went out with a buddy who had a UHD transducer on his Garmin and the difference was night and day. Needless to say I mounted the same one on the transom. Personally I did not want to make any holes but since we have been getting into fishing lately it was more of a necessity at this point. The thru hull transducer saw "some" stuff but the UHD transducer is night and day. I left the thru hull in, just incase something happens to the other one.... Spent Monday afternoon installing the new UHD transducer- tapped 3 10X24 1" SS screws into the ride plate and also used nylock nuts with a bit of blue locktite, then I ran the wire and filled all holes with 3M 5200, used a blue seas cable clamp up top then filled the hole with 5200 for extra caution..... Last thing I want is any leaks.

Attachments

• Transducer 1.gif
    Transducer 1.gif
    366.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Transducer 2.gif
    Transducer 2.gif
    353.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Transducer 3.gif
    Transducer 3.gif
    341.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Transducer 4.gif
    Transducer 4.gif
    368.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Transducer 5.gif
    Transducer 5.gif
    322.3 KB · Views: 33
46MPH and it reads the bottom?

Bumping this old thread, so I recently went out with a buddy who had a UHD transducer on his Garmin and the difference was night and day. Needless to say I mounted the same one on the transom. Personally I did not want to make any holes but since we have been getting into fishing lately it was more of a necessity at this point. The thru hull transducer saw "some" stuff but the UHD transducer is night and day. I left the thru hull in, just incase something happens to the other one.... Spent Monday afternoon installing the new UHD transducer- tapped 3 10X24 1" SS screws into the ride plate and also used nylock nuts with a bit of blue locktite, then I ran the wire and filled all holes with 3M 5200, used a blue seas cable clamp up top then filled the hole with 5200 for extra caution..... Last thing I want is any leaks.
is that the bracket it came with?

It’s the Garmin stainless bracket, $28 I believe

Back