• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin 54dv

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
just got a 54dv. Are there any tips or tricks to mounting the transducer on our boats , like the best position? Thanks

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I opted for the thru hull sensor so I wouldn't have to worry about it being damaged on the outside of the boat. Waters are very shallow here and I beach the boat a lot. If they're installed properly you won't have any issues.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Got the head unit installed and am wondering how I've ever owned a boat without one of these.... so much information.
I think I'm set on a true through hull , not in hull but the actual through hull transducer. I want good depth readings from a drift to WOT.
@Dean P if you went through hull , what transducer did you go with? And how do you like it ?IMG_7450.JPG

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Gonrcng There was no hole drilled through the hull of the boat. Having a hole beneath the water line make me nervous. My sensor "sees" through the hull to the bottom. Mine is in the hull. I had CS purchase and install the DV44 unit and the sensor. You're right with "all the information". Maps is definitely the way to go.

I miss that area of Clearwater. Used to put in at the Seminole boat ramp with my previous boats. Now I'm on the Bay side.