• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin not working

SpotsyBoy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Garmin 441s stopped working last season. Not sure if its the unit or the wiring. It was acting funny before it finally died ie would have to unplug and restart it to show correct maps. My guess is its dead but then again the radio isnt working either so it could be wiring. Anyhow...dont want to spend the money to get a new one installed and not sure I can install one myself w/ the transducer and such, but I saw a post about Navionics on here. Wondering if that shows real time like a gps or if its just charts? Anyone have like/dislikes for Navionics?

I know the depths in the area where I mostly go so I could do without one, but still feel better having a gps to be safe or if I venture off the beaten path.

Stacey in SC

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Following. My old 541 just died...sorry I can’t help you myself but interested to see if you get any info here. ;)

SpotsyBoy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately no progress...will post if and when i find a solution.

mrdubean1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a 441s on my last boat. it gave me an issue 2 years ago, where it wouldn't start. I left the battery on the boat and the unit itself unplugged for a week, then it all worked and had been since.
On a different note, I sold that boat with the 441s two month ago, bought another boat and purchased a Garmin GPS 86sc (Handheld). So far so good, but the screen is smaller and harder to read.